Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've just turned 18 and have been out a couple of nights with my Australian passport as ID, no problem. But I need to send it away for around 2 weeks to complete my British citizenship procedure. A provisional drivers license takes 2 weeks to order as well so I'm wondering if there are any other forms of ID that would be acceptable for clubs? I'm in Glasgow where unfortunately clubs are known for being quite strict.

ReputationRep:
    Make a photocopy of your passport to use as ID, this make work. I'm not sure of any other forms of ID that clubs would allow.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    some places accept id with the pass symbol on it like a citizencard but not everywhere will. Provisionals can be quicker than a couple of weeks at times though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okle321)
    So I've just turned 18 and have been out a couple of nights with my Australian passport as ID, no problem. But I need to send it away for around 2 weeks to complete my British citizenship procedure. A provisional drivers license takes 2 weeks to order as well so I'm wondering if there are any other forms of ID that would be acceptable for clubs? I'm in Glasgow where unfortunately clubs are known for being quite strict.
    Your best bet is to order and wait for your provisional to arrive before you send your passport off, there isn't anything else you can guarentee clubs will accept.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tuchaynz)
    Make a photocopy of your passport to use as ID, this make work. I'm not sure of any other forms of ID that clubs would allow.
    Photocopies are not acceptable.

Student ID (NUS card or Uni ID) may be allowed but you'd need to check with the club concerned.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.