Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Personality Vs Looks ?? Should i give him a chance ???? Help ? I need your views ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have started talking to this guy. He texted me first, but he is really nice and funny. He makes me smile and laugh whenever he sends me something. He is currently in Cyprus studying at a uni. But he is planning to come London soon so I may get to meet him. However, I don't know he is nit bad looking he is alright. But I just don't know really. Should I give him a chance and see him or should I not, thinking that I will meet someone in real life one day. ???? please share your views with me

ReputationRep:
    I think you should go for it, there's nothing to lose - you'll have a new friend if things don't go well in that sense anyway

ReputationRep:
    The problem with chatting on your phone as you know, is that you can never really be sure of who the person behind that screen is.

But he sounds like a cool guy, so if you'd like to meetup someplace public and go for a coffee or something, then perhaps take a friend with you? I know you may want to meet him alone for the first time, but 'better safe than soz' You can always arrange another meetup afterwards.

But make sure that you always let someone know, whether it's a close friend, parent or sibling who you're going to see, where and roughly what time you should be back - you never know what may happen. But I don't wanna put a downer on his visit - we'd all like to assume good intentions, but being careful can't hurt

Hope things work out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrainyBengali)
    The problem with chatting on your phone as you know, is that you can never really be sure of who the person behind that screen is.

But he sounds like a cool guy, so if you'd like to meetup someplace public and go for a coffee or something, then perhaps take a friend with you? I know you may want to meet him alone for the first time, but 'better safe than soz' You can always arrange another meetup afterwards.

But make sure that you always let someone know, whether it's a close friend, parent or sibling who you're going to see, where and roughly what time you should be back - you never know what may happen. But I don't wanna put a downer on his visit - we'd all like to assume good intentions, but being careful can't hurt

Hope things work out
    Thank you for your view, I have spoken to my close friends to get their thoughts about him to and they said similar things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starshine909)
    I think you should go for it, there's nothing to lose - you'll have a new friend if things don't go well in that sense anyway
    yep, that is true thank you

ReputationRep:
    If you wanted to get with him and really liked him you wouldnt be asking this question. Maybe you should just friends then if it happens it happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josyb)
    If you wanted to get with him and really liked him you wouldnt be asking this question. Maybe you should just friends then if it happens it happens.
    yes, I know, if I really did want to then I wouldn't be asking, that's why I asked for peoples views, I think I will leave it, time will show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sev99)
    yes, I know, if I really did want to then I wouldn't be asking, that's why I asked for peoples views, I think I will leave it, time will show
    Yeah theres a chance that he might really like you. And since he make you happy im sure you dont want to risk losing that.

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree that if you choose to meet him take someone with you. Or, at least agree to a public restaurant/ coffee shop and make sure your friend is in there and can see you..... if you don't want them sitting at your table. An easy solution to not knowing who is really behind the screen is Skype. Have you done that? That way you at least know what the person really looks like but you still, definitely, should meet in public. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Can't see the harm if he's genuine. Good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.