Ive lost my passport!!!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
scottyoneill
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Ive jsut realised i lost my passport at the weekend when i was out! Do i need to report it missing or anything?

ANd now i have no ID for when i go out! Do you need a passport to apply for a driving license? Coz i was thinkin for sendin off for one, then i could use that as ID!
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by scottyoneill)
Ive jsut realised i lost my passport at the weekend when i was out! Do i need to report it missing or anything?

ANd now i have no ID for when i go out! Do you need a passport to apply for a driving license? Coz i was thinkin for sendin off for one, then i could use that as ID!
u take your passport when you go out?!?

yes report it lost, get a new one, then apply for a driving licence - much easier to carry (and you dont look so wierd when you present it for ID)
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

why did you take it out with you???.....anyone i think you should report that it's missing
jak
Report 14 years ago
I use my driving license as my id aswell (I dont even get served **** without being asked... gggrrrr). really hate my pic on it! was when I was sixteen with an awful middle parting haircut, think I can get the picture changed easily? Or will i have to cough up to do that?
scottyoneill
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
its the only proper ID ive got!

Can i apply for other ID like a driving license if i dont have a passport?
jak
Report 14 years ago
I think you need your passport to apply for the driving license, I know i did, get down to the post office and pick up the pack and see if u need it! you might get away with sending your birth certificate
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
its the only proper ID ive got!

Can i apply for other ID like a driving license if i dont have a passport?
dunno........but you will have to do something about your passport........what if it gets in the wrong hands!
neha p
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

definately report it, but i doubt you will get it back. where were you when you lost it?
priya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
u can send off your birth certificate as id for your driving license, thats what i did. you really should report your passport missing though.
glance
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My mate lost his passport on holiday- fool. We had to go to the embassy and everything to get a temporary one.
sashh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you need to report it as lost or you won't get a new one.

One of my exes had his stolen when the house was burgled. I remember he had to fill in extra forms to get a new one.
kirstenb
Report 14 years ago
u can only send ure birth certificate if its the proper large paper copy, they also give ure parents a smaller copy but that wont count with the DVLA! who do u report a lost passport to anyway????? u just get a new application form from the post office and tick the ' i need a new one cos i lost my last one ' box!! :cool: or if u need it quickly go 2 liverpool, they do it much faster! but it depends where u live!
woox
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think you might be able to sen daway your birth certificate instead to get a driving license so you'll probably be alright with that one. probably best to report it missing anyways tho, you might get it back and you won't lose anything by trying. if it was left in a club or something you could also trying ringing them cos its the type of them they'd keep until it was claimed i would have thought
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by woox)
i think you might be able to sen daway your birth certificate instead to get a driving license so you'll probably be alright with that one. probably best to report it missing anyways tho, you might get it back and you won't lose anything by trying. if it was left in a club or something you could also trying ringing them cos its the type of them they'd keep until it was claimed i would have thought
Absolutely. Report it to the police asap (and if possible get a reference number from them). You might be able to get the cost of a new one on your household insurance - depends what your excess is. It does cost more, I think, to get one re-issued, you can do it in a week if you use their expensive service (about 60 quid ?)
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i wouldn't use a passport as ID for going out imo. it's far too valuable a document, and is likely to get bent/spoiled, and obviously, the risk of it getting lost is quite high.

you should think of some other form of ID mate
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (368)
37.28%
No - but I will (74)
7.5%
No - I don't want to (69)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (476)
48.23%

Watched Threads