Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've developed two web apps in C# and I have 8 other projects in Java along wit h some projects in Javascript.

Java and C# are similar and browsing through random LinkedIn profiles, I seen a person who was a Java developer and now a C# developer.

Will two projects be enough along with the Java projects to get into junior C# developer, programmer interviews?

I've applied for 10 junior C# jobs yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    I hope so. However I'll be doing 2 more projects in C# to strengthen my application.

ReputationRep:
    The number of projects doesn't matter at all. It's what you've done in those projects that matter.

Think from the employer's point of view. To do that, research the company, what technology do they use? Are your skills relevant? Will you be able to do the job?

I appreciate that Graduate and Junior can be interchangeable terms but to some companies, Junior means someone with around 2 years of professional experience. Graduate usually means no experience. Make sure you apply to the right jobs.

To make those projects credible, make sure those projects actually have a real user. Be it a friend or family, or even GitHub. Delivering software to yourself doesn't mean much.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Quick link:

Unanswered IT and technology threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.