Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do I need to know every rule of the Highway Code? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do I need to know every rule in the book, e.g rules for pedestrians, rules for users of powered wheelchairs, etc. What contents of the Highway Code do I need to learn to pass my theory test? I'm using The Official DVSA Highway Code. It would be helpful if someone who's passed using this book too could let me know, Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guest03)
    Do I need to know every rule in the book, e.g rules for pedestrians, rules for users of powered wheelchairs, etc. What contents of the Highway Code do I need to learn to pass my theory test? I'm using The Official DVSA Highway Code. It would be helpful if someone who's passed using this book too could let me know, Thanks.

It's worth reading through all of it, as all road users are using the same roads, but your theory test will mostly focus on the section for cars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james813)
    It's worth reading through all of it, as all road users are using the same roads, but your theory test will mostly focus on the section for cars.
    So would I get asked questions in my theory test about anything else, e.g about wheelchair users, other than the car section? While studying what should I take notes about to pass?

ReputationRep:
    So would I get asked questions in my theory test about anything else, e.g about wheelchair users, other than the car section? While studying what should I take notes about to pass?

I passed first time with not much studying, it's mostly common sense. You can practise tests here
    http://toptests.co.uk/
    And yes, there could be some questions about other users. Good luck
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I would worry about your real life driving as a pedestrian if you didn't bother reading everything about the Highway Code.
    Nearly everything is covered in the theory test. It's not just the theory test; its also reflected on your practical driving test as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.