Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was planning to apply for a DSA, however having spoken to the disability advisor at my firm choice university, who said the DSA no longer helps cover accomodation costs and the university weren't sure if they would cover it. This is a major problem as due to my circumstances I need catered accomodation and an en-suite bathroom, and will only just be able to pay the rent with my expected loan, which means I'll have nothing left for the rest of the year, my parents are unable to help me financially, and I can't get a part time job because of my condition, so now I can't afford to go to university because I can't get the support I need. Are there any bursaries or grants that I could apply for or any other support?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    DSA accommodation can be provided, however this is dependent on whether you are in private or university accommodation. We would be required to ask you additional questions, and so advise that you call us on 0300 100 0607

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Victoria SFE)
    DSA accommodation can be provided, however this is dependent on whether you are in private or university accommodation. We would be required to ask you additional questions, and so advise that you call us on 0300 100 0607
    Would I be eligible in university accomodation and would the additional questions be covered in the needs assessment?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.