Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 25
Size:  17.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
Views: 25
Size:  17.7 KB
    which part is confusing you? Id say draw out a blank box 1-10 and write in box values as you need them, itll probably help keep track of which number is where.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DylanJ42)
    which part is confusing you? Id say draw out a blank box 1-10 and write in box values as you need them, itll probably help keep track of which number is where.
    I got

28, not sure how they got 32

so

1) 2+3=5
    2) 5+2=7
    3) 7*4=28

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    I got

28, not sure how they got 32

so

1) 2+3=5
    2) 5+2=7
    3) 7*4=28
    oh, the second command/instruction says to add 5 to the number in the box whos number in is box 6. The number in box 6 is 2. So they are asking you to add 5 to the number in box 2. (the number in box 6 is telling you the box number you need to go to, you dont actually add the value in box 6 to the number 5)

ReputationRep:
    oh, the second command/instruction says to add 5 to the number in the box whos number in is box 6. The number in box 6 is 2. So they are asking you to add 5 to the number in box 2. (the number in box 6 is telling you the box number you need to go to, you dont actually add the value in box 6 to the number 5)
    AH

So

1) 2+5=85
    2) 5+8
    3) 8*4=32

great.

What about this one? I appreciate your help. Thank you

Views: 23
Size:  39.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    AH

So

1) 2+5=85
    2) 5+8
    3) 8*4=32

great.

What about this one? I appreciate your help. Thank you

Views: 23
Size:  39.6 KB
    See the photo, imo thats the bet way to do these types of questions, Ive done 1-4 for you just so you can see how its done. Post your workings if you get stuck

Name:  logic.png
Views: 20
Size:  15.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    See the photo, imo thats the bet way to do these types of questions, Ive done 1-4 for you just so you can see how its done. Post your workings if you get stuck

i got stuck on the third part when it came to changing instructions

Name:  ejbQ8U0D.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  76.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    i got stuck on the third part when it came to changing instructions

Name:  ejbQ8U0D.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  76.4 KB
    okay so originally instruction 2 is; "find the value of box 1 + value of box 2 and put it in box 1"

instruction 3 tells you to change "instruction 2 by increasing the box number of the second box by 1"

so instruction 3 is making instruction 2 read; "find the value of box 1 + value of box 3 and put it in box 1"

if you were to apply instruction 3 again instruction 2 would become" find the value of box 1 + value of box 4 and put it in box 1"

does that make sense? instruction 3 doesn't change the values of any boxes, it only changes instruction 2

ReputationRep:

think i got it :top2: did i?

Name:  lZjGT7ex.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  91.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    think i got it :top2: did i?x
    yep thats it, one thing though which is my fault, I misread instruction 4, it wants you to compare the actual box number to the value of box 8. The answer still works out the same though (luckily)

well done

ReputationRep:
    yep thats it, one thing though which is my fault, I misread instruction 4, it wants you to compare the actual box number to the value of box 8. The answer still works out the same though (luckily)

well done
    aahh, I see, I didn't notice that too. I was comparing the value inside the box to the value in box 8

thank you..

I am now doing this one. But if you are busy/not bothered not to worry. I have work now, but will be back in 2 hours. Thanks Dylan, you've been such a great help. I have 11 of these to get through and have been procrastinating with my fridge all day!

Views: 21
Size:  48.2 KB
    Spoiler:
    Show

I'll PM you the questions. If you have time, could you try them out? Then we can compare answers. If not, thanks anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    x
    once you are back post your workings for them here if you get stuck and someone will help you out

ReputationRep:
Size:  25.3 KB

y
    Attachment 618418618420
    kinda stuck :/
    Attached Images

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.