Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have had to tell my story 10's of times to numerous people, so im going to try and cut a long story short. I had tried for 6 months+ to get my maintenance loan income assessed, as my accomodation was around 4.4k, and my loan 3.5k. At times the evidence I had provided had "not been received" or I had been told by advisers to send incorrect forms off, each time having to wait 3 weeks for a reply. This december, two months into the semester, I managed to get my loan income assessed, after maxing out my overdraft of 1.5K, now recieving 4.9K. However now the way my installments come in, I have no money to last me until the 24th of April, because my first two rent installments are substantially bigger than my 3rd. This means I currently have £25 to last me until the 24th of April, whilst also being -£1450 into my overdraft. On the 24th I should recieve £1.6K, leaving me with £900 after paying my rent off. What I am trying to do is get an advancement on my final installment so that I have money to live off until the 24th, but the way Student Finance is set up, it is taking so long for anything to happen. I have spoken to my university about finances, and I am not eligible for any grants, but I am going to get food vouchers instead, which is better than nothing. My parents arent in a position to keep financially supporting me either, as they have their own expenses to take care off, although they are doing their best to help out. What can I do?!

ReputationRep:
    Get in touch with your uni finance team and then your MP. In all honesty I can't see it happening, but if it does it will be with you having people fighting your corner. You uni finance team will have all the know-how and standard letters that you need to send out to people and will get that moving. If nothing happens, explain your dire situation to your local MP and ask if they can support you.

ReputationRep:
    Uni finance team. Ha.!!! When my student finance is late, they have been sending threatening letters to me non stop. I explained all the silly delays to them but they take no notice. SF has overlooked some of the evidence I sent and every time they ask for more info, it takes 6 weeks to find that out. The delays have been crazy!! My uni advisor also gave me wrong advice coz only original bank statements are accepted by SF...I have become severely depressed and suicidal by now specially as my Housing Benefit has been automatically suspended due to me being a full-time student and council also isn't in any hurry to process my file etc. It s bn like a nightmare ever since I started my studies!! Apart from studying all I do is write letters , send papers and then write letters again....all this with almost no money as SF keeps asking for more evidence, only w delay, they can't ask for 'further evidence' in 1 letter, only separately!!
    I keep dealing with this but lost all faith in uni advisors etc...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.