Turn on thread page Beta

my hair straightener!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    arg i left israel today and they refused to let me take my hairstraightener on the flight! they were checking it and checking it and found nothing, but insisted on keeping it with them for 24hrs those *****!!!
    argg!!! :mad:
    i would actually die if they withheld my straighteners and i could never have them back. they were a birthday present and cost a fortune, if they were taken from me i would never recover. yes it's melodramatic but my hair is as well, when it isn't straightened

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i would actually die if they withheld my straighteners and i could never have them back. they were a birthday present and cost a fortune, if they were taken from me i would never recover. yes it's melodramatic but my hair is as well, when it isn't straightened
    excuse me...do you know how im surviving here without a straightener for like a month! Its killing me...!

ReputationRep:
    speaking about the airport people checking your shoes and stuff though...the woman at bucharest airport was properly feeling everyone up! i came away feeling practically violated by her! she wasn't using a detector thing either- just her hands!

ReputationRep:
    They probably took your hairdrier because you were not Jewish... you know how it goes... you'll probably have the IDF knocking a hole through your house next...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    arg i left israel today and they refused to let me take my hairstraightener on the flight! they were checking it and checking it and found nothing, but insisted on keeping it with them for 24hrs those *****!!!
    argg!!! :mad:
    It is probably just one of those things I doubt it was anything to do with the fact that you were in Isreal they probably wouldn't let you in any country. I know My sisters friend couldn't take her umbrealla with her when we flew back from Italy. It has to go in the hold

ReputationRep:
    But on the positive side, both Quantas and BA let didgeridoo's on board in hand luggage. Now, if I terrorist was to hijack a plane I would be more scared of a didgeridoo being whacked across my head than hair straighteners or a fork.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    But on the positive side, both Quantas and BA let didgeridoo's on board in hand luggage. Now, if I terrorist was to hijack a plane I would be more scared of a didgeridoo being whacked across my head than hair straighteners or a fork.
    to be fair u could easily get someone with a stiletto heel- they'd have to alow those if those were the only shoes you had with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    It is probably just one of those things I doubt it was anything to do with the fact that you were in Isreal they probably wouldn't let you in any country. I know My sisters friend couldn't take her umbrealla with her when we flew back from Italy. It has to go in the hold
    lol no they refused to put it on the flight!!!
    and my sis brought it for me from england and she went back with hers and stuff many times and was no problem... silly idiots

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.