Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My friend got a load of old laptops from his old work. most of them didn't work and were total useless to him so he said if i fixed one it i might be able to have it.

I did manage to fix one but it took ages but it was worth it as I really want a laptop.

Now i have fixed it he want's the laptop back! I don't want to give it back. Should i give it back? With out me it would be useless. Maybe it crashes again and becomes useless again *wink wink*?

What to do?

ReputationRep:
    What exactly did you do to fix it? Bottom line is, they weren't his to give you. His mistake suggesting you could keep it but you'll both be in trouble if his work thinks you've stolen from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beherit95)
    What exactly did you do to fix it? Bottom line is, they weren't his to give you. His mistake suggesting you could keep it but you'll both be in trouble if his work thinks you've stolen from them.
    No ones it trouble. they are his now. they no longer belong to work and he can do with them what he wills.

ReputationRep:
    Did you remind him that he had given you to fix it and said you might be able to have one. However, they were his and if he wants them back then I guess you should give it back or he may not trust you again with anything in case you keep it. He probably wants it back because it's fixed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_Noob)
    My friend got a load of old laptops from his old work. most of them didn't work and were total useless to him so he said if i fixed one it i might be able to have it.

I did manage to fix one but it took ages but it was worth it as I really want a laptop.

Now i have fixed it he want's the laptop back! I don't want to give it back. Should i give it back? With out me it would be useless. Maybe it crashes again and becomes useless again *wink wink*?

What to do?
    Keyword: Might , if he wants it back, you should give it back

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.