The Student Room Group

IS claims responsibility for Israel rocket "attack"

Scroll to see replies

There's been a small ISIS-aligned group in Sinai for a while now, that's how they managed to bring down that Metrojet plane in 2015.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mr Trump is going to sort Daesh out, he says.
Original post by the bear

First military op under Trumps command and one of their soldiers get killed and 3 more wounded. Great start, trump is a clown.
Reply 23
According to ISIS, "Thanks to God alone, a military platoon fired several Grad rockets yesterday".
In which case, it was "thanks to God alone" that Israel managed to shoot them all down (or they missed).

Makes you wonder whose side God is on.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by the bear

I think Mr Putin has already done most of the work for him
Original post by swainyy
I think Mr Putin has already done most of the work for him

The US has done far more against ISIS (and for longer) than Russia has. Putin's intervention in Syria hasn't done that much against ISIS in terms of territory retaken; they've focused mostly on the other rebel groups.
Original post by cbreef

Looks like daesh must crossed the Libyan border. I wasn't aware they had any territory in Egypt at all either.

They are heavily present in the Sinai province.
The military designated the whole of Sinai as a military operation area and made people move. Yet they have not done any worthwhile action against daesh.
I think Is is a convenient enemy for the military regime as they can use the threat of daesh to quell growing dissent and anger.
Reply 27
Original post by RF_PineMarten
The US has done far more against ISIS (and for longer) than Russia has. Putin's intervention in Syria hasn't done that much against ISIS in terms of territory retaken; they've focused mostly on the other rebel groups.

You're absolutely correct, the US has done everything in it's power to arm and sustain ISIS ever since it's inception. Also, Russia has mainly concentrated on oil fields that ISIS controlled and also targeted ISIS oil convoys going to Turkey. Of course, Putin has targeted other rebel groups but he is allied to Assad, so he is going to support him.

If other 'moderate' rebel groups have to suffer in order to rid the world of ISIS, then so be it.
Original post by Zargabaath
Courtesy of Uncle Sam, meanwhile 14.5% of Americans are living in poverty. #Priorities

almost 50% of the islamic world is still illiterate -despite billions of dollars of oils, sitting floating around the islamic world, it produces barely 55 world world GDP; the compulsion is to be able to recite islamic doctrine before learning to write a useful native language
Reply 29
Funny isn't it all this mess going on in the Middle East, and Israel apart from some Palestinian attacks has pretty much been left well alone..
Reply 30
Original post by swainyy
the US has done everything in it's power to arm and sustain ISIS ever since it's inception.
9/11 was the CIA and the moon landings were faked as well, I guess. And some stuff about Jews. :rofl:
Reply 31
Original post by 12022017
Funny isn't it all this mess going on in the Middle East, and Israel apart from some Palestinian attacks has pretty much been left well alone..
Hardly "left alone". But ISIS don't really have the ability to launch military attacks on Israel, and border and internal security is on a different level compared to France or Belgium, so terrorism opportunities are limited.
Original post by Reformed
almost 50% of the islamic world is still illiterate -despite billions of dollars of oils, sitting floating around the islamic world, it produces barely 55 world world GDP; the compulsion is to be able to recite islamic doctrine before learning to write a useful native language

So that makes is okay?
"We'll settle for mediocrity because the worst are far worse" :lol:
Original post by cbreef

No casualties or damage reported, but this has opened my eyes a little bit as to what daesh are actually capable of.

This opened your eyes? This attack isn't particularly impressive; such rockets are not difficult to find in the Middle East if you have the money. The rockets were intercepted by the Iron Dome. And the jazz festival in Eilat continued; a modern, civilised nation continues its cultural pursuits while the Daesh beasts are frustrated, I like it.

If anything is going to open your eyes to Daesh's capabilities, it should be how they've managed to modify retail-level drones (quadrotors) to carry grenades, and they send in large swarms of these drones in assassination operations in Mosul to drop grenades on the colonels of Iraqi Army regiments. Now that is impressive.
So that makes is okay?
"We'll settle for mediocrity because the worst are far worse" :lol:

just pointing out that preaching from the islamic world, which has far greater problems than other societies (including terrorism) is rather ignorant
just pointing out that preaching from the islamic world, which has far greater problems than other societies (including terrorism) is rather ignorant

You think I'm preaching from the Islamic world?
You think I'm preaching from the Islamic world?

not you specifically, rather the re-direction you espouse when taking about the problem of islamist terrorism
not you specifically, rather the re-direction you espouse when taking about the problem of islamist terrorism

Do you not think a country has a duty to care for it's own citizens before those of another country?
Do you not think a country has a duty to care for it's own citizens before those of another country?

selling expensive weapons systems abroad and using the money on its own people is an acceptable practice- we do ourselves all over the places, sometimes selling to less than worthy causes ( jets to saudi for example)

do you not think ruling religious classes ( muftis, shiekhs, imams etc) have a duty to promote education, native literacy and welfare above the parrot fashion repetitions of arabic edicts?
selling expensive weapons systems abroad and using the money on its own people is an acceptable practice- we do ourselves all over the places, sometimes selling to less than worthy causes ( jets to saudi for example)

do you not think ruling religious classes ( muftis, shiekhs, imams etc) have a duty to promote education, native literacy and welfare above the parrot fashion repetitions of arabic edicts?

Selling? The system was developed by an Israeli state owned company. The Israelis pay for 2 of the systems. America funds the other 8 systems alongside the missiles. The American people don't benefit in any way.

Us selling jets to the Saudis that go on to murder civilians in Yemen is also a disgusting move.

I think the religious ruling class should **** off and the countries should go through a secular reform. But yes, in the short term they do have a duty to do so. Not that that's at all relevant to the point I raised.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending