Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

I need help in selection of uni Watch

ReputationRep:
    hi to you all,I'm in need of help in the selection of uni.I did my a level in year 2016 which I expected ABB but unfortunately for me,I ended up with BBB.I wish to study pharmacy or pure chemistry but with my grade ,I really don't know good uni that will admit me for my course.I will be grateful if my query is answered as soon as possible.... thanks

Moved to University Applications and UCAS.

(Original post by jahyjahy)
    hi to you all,I'm in need of help in the selection of uni.I did my a level in year 2016 which I expected ABB but unfortunately for me,I ended up with BBB.I wish to study pharmacy or pure chemistry but with my grade ,I really don't know good uni that will admit me for my course.I will be grateful if my query is answered as soon as possible.... thanks
    For BSc Chemistry- some suggestions:
    *All Scottish Unis are for first year entry.

Typical Offer/Entry Requirements: BBB

- Heriot Watt
    - Kent
    - UEA
    - Queen's Belfast
    - Aberdeen
    - Nottingham Trent
    - Bradford (BBC)

For Pharmacy:

- Brighton
    - Bradford (I think)

You could also probably get into foundation courses for these subjects as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi jahyjahy,

As wolfmoon88 said (thanks wolfmoon88! :thumbsup:), we offer Chemistry at both Bsc or MChem level:

The entry requirements for both these programmes for A-Levels is BBB (to include Chemistry).

Our Chemistry programmes are accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry for partially meeting the academic criteria for Chartered Chemist (CChem).

For Chemistry we are ranked:
    • 2nd in Scotland (Guardian University Guide 2017)
    • First in Scotland (National Student Survey 2016)
    • Top 3 in Scotland for (Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017)
    • Ranked in the top universities worldwide (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016)

If you fancy studying abroad during your course, we have Erasmus+ partners in Germany, Spain, France, Poland and the Netherlands and three Exchange partners in the USA. We also also Chemistry with a European language or year in Australia or North America. For example, Amanda spent a year during her course in Australia.

Good luck making your choice of uni and let me know if you have any questions that I can help with! :goodluck:

Carole

(Original post by jahyjahy)

ReputationRep:
    And if you have any questions about a UK Top 15 university with consistently high levels of satisfaction (Top 3 in the country according to the National Student Survey) do let us know!

What we'd recommend you do is take a look at the course profiles of some of the institutions recommended above and see what takes your interest. You often find the course content can be a little different depending on where you go, so choose somewhere with a course you will find most interesting!

Here's our Chemistry course profile (our requirements for this are BBB). We have high levels of satisfaction in this course - https://www2.uea.ac.uk/study/undergr.../bsc-chemistry

In the meantime here's a flavour of Norwich:

Poll
Should schools shut at lunch to save money?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.