Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i have an unconditional offer at southampton to study history and politics and am wondering if anyone knows anything about the nightlife. will it all just be house or is drum n bass popular too??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elgriff)
    i have an unconditional offer at southampton to study history and politics and am wondering if anyone knows anything about the nightlife. will it all just be house or is drum n bass popular too??
    There is so much more than house/ drum n bass in Southampton! It varies from venue to venue and differs between clubs.

Switch- Drum n bass / house / RnB , Throwback Tuesdays (80's and 90's music)
    PopWorld- cheesy pop
    Jesters- Charts and Cheese, mix of everything
    Orange Rooms- Charts, but they do "House Party" RnB on Thursdays I believe
    Sobar- Charts and cheese
    Junk- Everything, RetroJam does good 80's Throwback hits
    Oceana- Cheese room, grime room, RnB, bit of everything on Fridays

You're spoilt for choice, many clubs do specific music nights where they only cater to one type of music, others, it will just be a mix of everything to cater for everybody!

ReputationRep:
    I live in Southampton and have to agree with the above

You'll have a great time. Also, District plays really good alternative music same with The Engine Rooms and The Joiners for some good live acts!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How many different nights would there be on an average day? I'd imagine everywhere has something going on Friday and Saturday, but what about Mon-Thurs?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dean12345)
    How many different nights would there be on an average day? I'd imagine everywhere has something going on Friday and Saturday, but what about Mon-Thurs?
    Monday Jesters, Tuesday Sobar. It's all you need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dean12345)
    Nightlife is great every day except Sunday, mate. I would dare say it's as good on a weeknight as it is on a weekend.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.