Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in my last year of GCSEs and I want to do Business for A level. Can anybody who's doing Business tell me what it's like, what the exam is like, if the syllabus is hard, if it's interesting etc...? Thanks xo
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Amusing Elk so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Amusing Elk)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Hey I do A level Business (the new spec), and from my experience it is quite boring and involves lots of 9 and 16 mark questions. The first topic you will do is called 'What is Business' and you will continue through the course learning about different business and go on to marketing and supply chains etc. However the syllabus is quite easy to get your head around but sometimes some topics can be really boring, but this depends on whether you actually enjoy business. The first exam contains 10 multiple choice questions followed by short answer questions and 2 case study questions (each containing a 9 mark and a 16 mark question).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think that it's boring?... like... is it too repetitive? too easy? Thanks c

ReputationRep:
    Yhh, the content is I feel is that it's just irrelevant information and just plain 'boring' at times. However there is a fair amount of maths involved and that is quite fun to do (e.g. formulae). Also essay writing can be fun at times. So if you enjoy English at GCSE (writing) and enjoy carrying out calculations ; then this subject is definitely for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmnshah)
    Yhh, the content is I feel is that it's just irrelevant information and just plain 'boring' at times. However there is a fair amount of maths involved and that is quite fun to do (e.g. formulae). Also essay writing can be fun at times. So if you enjoy English at GCSE (writing) and enjoy carrying out calculations ; then this subject is definitely for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.