Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello, I am hearing impaired with one hearing aid and an adapted fire alarm. How do I find out if i am eligible for disability finance support?

    Have you applied for the DSA? (Disabled student allowance)
    In the main university campus you can book assessments if your application gets that far and they will look after you, specifically the student well being centre. More so, if you are coming to Derby, there is a hearing aid support centre at the london road hospital on the uni bus route if you need your hearing aid looked at/ serviced during the time youre there, and to look at products that can aide your learning (such as direct radio add ons to your aid).
    When you apply to uni you should tick the hearing impaired box and even if you do not apply for the DSA, the univeristy will give you an assessment and see if you require additional assistance, extra exam time, or recordings of lectures and so on.
    More so, if you apply to live in halls, it is defiantly worth stating on your application the requirements or adaptations you need!
    Hope this helps
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 11, 2017
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.