Invitation to open day??

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I sent my application through UCAS and have just received an email from the University I applied for, inviting me to an applicant day. I have checked UCAS track and there has been no updates on offers etc....

Is this a good sign to be invited to this??

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    A number of univeristies use the term to mean offer-holders only so it could be a good sign. You'll just have to wait and see!

If you don't receive a track update within a couple days then it may not mean anything .

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply.

I'm a mature student so only able to apply to the one university as I have family commitments so keen to get the place as it's my only chance this year!lol I will have to sit tight and keep fingers crossed for now! To be honest I wasnt expecting anything just yet as I only applied just before cut off date. Anyway I've booked onto it so will wait and see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han85)
    Hi

I sent my application through UCAS and have just received an email from the University I applied for, inviting me to an applicant day. I have checked UCAS track and there has been no updates on offers etc....

Thanks!
    An applicant day is just for applicants - people who have applied. It does not mean that you will get an offer. So it's neither a good nor bad sign, as they will just invite all applicants.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply. As mentioned I will just wait and see and hopefully find out more next week when I attend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han85)
    Thanks for your reply. As mentioned I will just wait and see and hopefully find out more next week when I attend.
    Read the email carefully, because sometimes they will hold an interview (or informal meeting). If not, it is just so that you have the chance to see the campus, talk to students and tutors, and learn detailed information about the course.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Yeah there doesn't appear to be any mention of interviews etc. It states what will happen during the day bit like a timetable but thats it. Well I'm booked on so a good opportunity to speak to lecturers etc even if nothing else at this stage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han85)
    Hi

Thanks!
    It is a good thing it didn't mean that you are garentead a place but providing you meet ther offer they are prepared to take you. I would say go it's another chance to ask questions see the halls and you also it's tailored tobyour course you will see there are lodes of people will be there go to one In the week thougth as that will give you a better feeling of what the atmosphere is like . Also once way The dat is over there is nothing stoping you from getting (a late) lunch inthr canteen or SU bar or if it,s a uni in a city walking round the town. I remember in mine we had a talk and the we turned it It block then we gad a chance to meet the lectures and some students then we had a halls tour then it ended and i went to the canntean ( really nice food) for a late lunch then we went in town (me my brother and mum) and we came home with a Cinnabun (if you don't know what that is serch the net) it was really with wile for the info a Cinnabun.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply! I've had a look on their application process and it mentions they invite people to applicant days once they have given you an offer?? I still don't have any offer yet but I am booked onto the applicant day so I'm sure I will find out more when I attend

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 11, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.