Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Faith (God) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever felt their faith in whatever you believe in, just fade away because you've come to the point where you've done everything but still can never be happy
    I feel to be losing my faith in God. I've constantly kept my faith but I guess there's a breaking point for everyone
    Any advice on what to do

ReputationRep:
    You can be happy without being religious.

If you really "can't" believe in a God, and I don't blame you in that regard, then you're not obligated to. It's up to oneself to decide what one believes in.

To interject some anecdotal experience: becoming an atheist/anti-theist helped me reach some degree of mental independence, which, for me, is happiness, contrary to others that find happiness in willful ignorance and absorption. To each their own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmanM7)
    Has anyone ever felt their faith in whatever you believe in, just fade away because you've come to the point where you've done everything but still can never be happy
    I feel to be losing my faith in God. I've constantly kept my faith but I guess there's a breaking point for everyone
    Any advice on what to do
    People sometimes experience feeling low or unsure about certain things but they pass.

ReputationRep:
    Any advice on what to do
    have faith man, God has a time for everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erkutakgok)
    God doesn't exist. Think for yourself, not the herd of idiots. Follow logic and reason. Don't believe anything without evidence because if you do, you are an idiot.
    I wouldn't say idiot, those who are willfully ignorant can be intelligent. I'd rather say irrational.

ReputationRep:
    God doesn't exist. Think for yourself, not the herd of idiots. Follow logic and reason. Don't believe anything without evidence because if you do, you are an idiot.

I think that's pretty rude actually; you should respect everyone's beliefs as you would expect them to yours, or lack thereof in your case.

I am a Christian and believe in God, my faith is strong and helps me through life; never would I tell somebody they are wrong for not believing as that is their beliefs and everyone has a right to have their own beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    I leave you with these two videos by a man of logic and reason. Things people of a religious background know nothing about.

Christopher Hitchens- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1lTR8V90qU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpC-o5QEuMs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigBackner)
    have faith man, God has a time for everything
    I know that bro but I'm tired. Everyday the situation I'm in gets worse and I just feel like a **** for praying over and over again and still things get worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    You can be happy without being religious.

If you really "can't" believe in a God, and I don't blame you in that regard, then you're not obligated to. It's up to oneself to decide what one believes in.

To interject some anecdotal experience: becoming an atheist/anti-theist helped me reach some degree of mental independence, which, for me, is happiness, contrary to others that find happiness in willful ignorance and absorption. To each their own.
    I completely understand that. In fact I myself was an atheist before but I've obviously changed now and I just thought to myself wow things got way harder for me even when I kept my faith and prayed.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think about miraculous healing?

ReputationRep:
    I know that bro but I'm tired. Everyday the situation I'm in gets worse and I just feel like a **** for praying over and over again and still things get worse
    If it's depression, I wouldn't advise simply "praying it away", that could worsen it for numerous reasons. I would recommend seeking professional help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.infinity)
    I think its ********. Religions need to grow to thrive and so religious figures will use many forms of scams to increase the amount of followers they have. More followers leads to more donations. They probably hire actors to put on their shows. Its all a fugazi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.infinity)
    Most of these cases are confirmed to be fabricated.

Also, invoking god of the gaps like this is logically fallacious.

ReputationRep:
    Never lose faith in God because Christian living is not easy. Maybe ask other Christian friends and family to pray for you as well. It's better to share your troubles with other people. It's comforting when you know that there are people who can support you and encourage you. God bless<3

ReputationRep:
    I leave you with these two videos by a man of logic and reason. Things people of a religious background know nothing about.

Christopher Hitchens- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1lTR8V90qU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpC-o5QEuMs
    None of us 'religious people' have tried to dissuade you from your beliefs. Can you not just let people have their own beliefs without shoving yours on other people?

ReputationRep:

Any advice on what to do
    I would say don't give up as God has a plan for us all and will make it all apparent soon. I had a pretty bad year last year but my faith got me through it before I told my family what was happening and sought help etc.

Just have faith and be paitient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahEnglishRose)
    I think that's pretty rude actually; you should respect everyone's beliefs as you would expect them to yours, or lack thereof in your case.
    It was rude and uncalled for, but beliefs do not automatically deserve respect. We must respect the right to beliefs, but not necessarily the beliefs.

Do you respect the belief in invisible unicorns?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahEnglishRose)

I am a Christian and believe in God, my faith is strong and helps me through life; never would I tell somebody they are wrong for not believing as that is their beliefs and everyone has a right to have their own beliefs.
    I'm a Christian too and being a Christian I've learnt that keeping my faith in God is the way to get thru things and prayer but for some reason it's not working. I may be doing something wrong but I don't wanna lose my faith because I've felt the change in me but I'm just breaking to a point where I question it

Well no. The beliefs religious people have prevent us as a species from advancing forward for greatness in terms of scientific advancements and many other things. Religion has blocked the path of science. The cure for cancer would have probably been found by now if religion didn't exist. So the less idiots there are, the better.
    And beliefs like yours prevent us as a species from advancing forward for greatness in terms of level of respect and tolerance. The cure for ignorance would have probably been found if your beliefs didn't exist. So the less idiots there are, the better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    If it's depression, I wouldn't advise simply "praying it away", that could worsen it for numerous reasons. I would recommend seeking professional help.
    Does it sound like depression?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.