Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Most of these cases are confirmed to be fabricated.

Also, invoking god of the gaps like this is logically fallacious.
    Lol, miracles happen everyday, you just don't see. Or you refuse to see and believe.
    We don't invoke God, His spirit is already here with us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.infinity)
    Never lose faith in God because Christian living is not easy. Maybe ask other Christian friends and family to pray for you as well. It's better to share your troubles with other people. It's comforting when you know that there are people who can support you and encourage you. God bless<3
    Yeah definitely I understand but I'm the only Christian in my family and neither have I really got a relationship with them. But anyway thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmanM7)
    Does it sound like depression?
    Yes, but as I don't know you I'm not really in the position to say definitively.

(Original post by L.infinity)
    Lol, miracles happen everyday, you just don't see. Or you refuse to see and believe.
    We don't invoke God, His spirit is already here with us.
    The burden is on you to provide evidence to substantiate your claim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    It was rude and uncalled for, but beliefs do not automatically deserve respect. We must respect the right to beliefs, but not necessarily the beliefs.

Do you respect the belief in invisible unicorns?
    I meant that I just respect the fact that everyone has the right to believe whatever they want too

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Christian too and being a Christian I've learnt that keeping my faith in God is the way to get thru things and prayer but for some reason it's not working. I may be doing something wrong but I don't wanna lose my faith because I've felt the change in me but I'm just breaking to a point where I question it
    I've been there too but I just trust that He has a plan and it will all be apparent in the end.

Use your faith to guide and reassure you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erkutakgok)
    I think its ********. Religions need to grow to thrive and so religious figures will use many forms of scams to increase the amount of followers they have. More followers leads to more donations. They probably hire actors to put on their shows. Its all a fugazi.
    Listen mate i agree with you, many people in religions do that but that's because they ain't true to their religion but it doesn't mean the whole religion is like one. And you obviously don't believe in God for whatever reason and yeah I don't blame you I was the same. I used to think this is all stupid and nonsense there's no evidence for it but try giving yourself to god once and see how much better you feel. And yeah I understand that so many people say different things about god which we don't even no if are true but I just say God is God. His not a human like us, all we gotta do is hand ourselves to him and trust him. So uno just think that people obviously believe in God because his helped them and they've realised and we don't need any scientific evidence for that because the change in us is the evidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahEnglishRose)
    I've been there too but I just trust that He has a plan and it will all be apparent in the end.

Use your faith to guide and reassure you
    I will do thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    And beliefs like yours prevent us as a species from advancing forward for greatness in terms of level of respect and tolerance. The cure for ignorance would have probably been found if your beliefs didn't exist. So the less idiots there are, the better.
    Thank you! The world would be a much better place if we all thought that way and just lived alongside each other and respected each other's right to have their own beliefs!

I have friends that are atheists, friends that like me are Christians and friends who are Muslims etc, I do not stop being friends with them or never started being friends with them down to their religion; I think that is rather small minded if you ask me

ReputationRep:
    I think its ********. Religions need to grow to thrive and so religious figures will use many forms of scams to increase the amount of followers they have. More followers leads to more donations. They probably hire actors to put on their shows. Its all a fugazi.
    Have witnessed someone being healed before? How do you know it's false? Also it even happens in people's homes and in small churches. Yes there may be false preachers but that was predicted in the bible anyway. But each to their own. I've witnessed too many supernatural occurrences to be sceptical to be honest.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Catholic (kindof) and sometimes I find it very difficult to maintain my faith.

ReputationRep:
    Well no. The beliefs religious people have prevent us as a species from advancing forward for greatness in terms of scientific advancements and many other things. Religion has blocked the path of science. The cure for cancer would have probably been found by now if religion didn't exist. So the less idiots there are, the better.
    There is no ONE cure for cancer, idiot.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=_gcx;70018794]Yes, but as I don't know you I'm not really in the position to say definitively.

The burden is on you to provide evidence to substantiate your claim.[/QUOTE
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26334964

ReputationRep:
    I believe in TSR GODS only they decide what is good and what is bad, what is right and what is wrong ~

And I am very scared of their wrath~ :askamod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    There is no ONE cure for cancer, idiot.
    There is idiot~ ?

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/abou...ancer-be-cured

ReputationRep:
    None of us 'religious people' have tried to dissuade you from your beliefs. Can you not just let people have their own beliefs without shoving yours on other people?
    Atheism is not a "belief".

ReputationRep:
    I know that bro but I'm tired. Everyday the situation I'm in gets worse and I just feel like a **** for praying over and over again and still things get worse
    You should read the testimonies of ex-Muslims, who said that they felt liberated once they left Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Atheism is not a "belief".
    Or lack thereof then

ReputationRep:
    None of us 'religious people' have tried to dissuade you from your beliefs. Can you not just let people have their own beliefs without shoving yours on other people?
    Religions would rapidly disappear if parents did not shove their beliefs on their children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    And beliefs like yours prevent us as a species from advancing forward for greatness in terms of level of respect and tolerance. The cure for ignorance would have probably been found if your beliefs didn't exist. So the less idiots there are, the better.
    Ignorance to what, exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Religions would rapidly disappear if parents did not shove their beliefs on their children.
    Actually my parents aren't religious I chose to be myself.

Just as you chose not too. Which doesn't bother me as that's your right as is mine to believe. But you seem to have something against people believing so okay?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.