Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not wanting to get into a relationship Watch

Its probably a temporary phase, but I have spoke to girls etc. But now I really cant be asked getting into a relationship and flirting with a girl, getting her number and so on. Before it was fun but now I cant be bothered.

I used to a think finding a girl who would be my special person who I could always talk to and be open with.

But before I would make effort for the girl and wait untill she would reciprocate, but now I feel like the girl would need to come to me first, because like I said I cba making effort.

Has anyone else felt like this

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I just feel like moving to Mexico, let my moustache grow and change my name to Juanita.

I totally get ya OP.

ReputationRep:
    So just... don't. What's the big deal?

Being in a relationship when you don't want to be in one is a waste of time, money, and emotional effort. Better to just avoid the whole thing by not bothering if you cba with it.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Its probably a temporary phase, but I have spoke to girls etc. But now I really cant be asked getting into a relationship and flirting with a girl, getting her number and so on. Before it was fun but now I cant be bothered.

I used to a think finding a girl who would be my special person who I could always talk to and be open with.

But before I would make effort for the girl and wait untill she would reciprocate, but now I feel like the girl would need to come to me first, because like I said I cba making effort.

If you cba then its unlikely someone will ba about wanting a relationship with you.

No problem though just be happy to be single and enjoy that.

ReputationRep:

I get what you mean and this is coming from a girl. I always try my best to give my all when it comes to opening up and talking to boys that I'm interested in but they are never prepared to be open with me and your bit about girls apporaching you first, most girls wont do that because they may feel like they are being annoying or weird by coming up to you first.
    Yeah, so i understanding about not being bothered to put effort in.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    If you cba then its unlikely someone will ba about wanting a relationship with you.

No problem though just be happy to be single and enjoy that.
    (Original post by xxaggie690xx)
    I get what you mean and this is coming from a girl. I always try my best to give my all when it comes to opening up and talking to boys that I'm interested in but they are never prepared to be open with me and your bit about girls apporaching you first, most girls wont do that because they may feel like they are being annoying or weird by coming up to you first.
    Yeah, so i understanding about not being bothered to put effort in.
    Im not saying I dont want a relationship, tbh I think where I work there's not many girls who are apealing. Like you say Im not going to get into a relationship for the sake of it
    • Very Important Poster

Im not saying I dont want a relationship, tbh I think where I work there's not many girls who are apealing. Like you say Im not going to get into a relationship for the sake of it

Just get into one if you want to and dont if you do not. No need to fret.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i get that, doing that would just be a waste of time. I guess you just have to wait it out

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.