Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This girl keeps getting messed around Watch

Here's a question for you, especially girls and guys with experience with girls like this:

I've liked a girl for a while, my type dead on, but she always seemed like she liked one guy in school, they never dated but I'm pretty sure they did stuff at parties and that. She kept going back to him and catching feelings and he'd mess her around but she always seemed fixated on him and kept being used and getting hurt.

I kinda wanted to reappear in her life, we haven't spoken for a few months and I reckon it'd be cool to just say Hi, catch up and try and get something going. But do you think she'll get over this one guy or will she reject the idea of a relationship? Do girls in this situation generally get over that guy, or fall into the same trap when there are people that genuinely care about them and don't want to mess with their heads? I don't want to waste my time and energy on a lost cause, but also want no regrets and what if's.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well you never know unless you try. She's probably fixated on him because no one else has tried to make a move on her?

I'd say go for it... Nothing to lose.

ReputationRep:
    Well go for it if you want but speaking from experience I don't think you should. I was in the exact same position with my ex and I was with her for 4 years and now that guy that used to mess her about now likes her and she still had feelings for him. She'll probably make lead u on but in the long run if his playing her about now and she till goes back to him then in the future she can do it again

(Original post by UWS)
    Well you never know unless you try. She's probably fixated on him because no one else has tried to make a move on her?

I'd say go for it... Nothing to lose.
    Thanks!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.