Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I still have not sent my UCAS application as I'm waiting for my reference! I just looked on google and it says the UCAS deadline was January 17th?!

ReputationRep:
    2/10 troll

And if it's not a troll, then where have you been these last three weeks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roses147)
    2/10 troll

And if it's not a troll, then where have you been these last three weeks?
    Living in Thailand. I'm serious.

ReputationRep:
    Lol mate are you serious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliotharmer)
    Lol mate are you serious?
    Yes I'm serious. I've been living in Thailand with my family, I've not been in the UK for 3-4 years now due to conscription. I thought the deadline was around March :/
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skoomafish)
    Yes I'm serious. I've been living in Thailand with my family, I've not been in the UK for 3-4 years now due to conscription. I thought the deadline was around March :/
    some universities might still accept a late application, but ask before you apply.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I still have not sent my UCAS application as I'm waiting for my reference! I just looked on google and it says the UCAS deadline was January 17th?!
    You're not doomed, especially if you're an international applicant. The deadline for equal consideration was January 15th, so you have missed it - and this means unis don't have to consider your application. But many unis will still consider you. You'll need to contact unis before applying to see if they have spaces and are open to applciants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You're not doomed, especially if you're an international applicant. The deadline for equal consideration was January 15th, so you have missed it - and this means unis don't have to consider your application. But many unis will still consider you. You'll need to contact unis before applying to see if they have spaces and are open to applciants.
    I'mnot international. I hold dual nationality British Thai.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    some universities might still accept a late application, but ask before you apply.
    I've sent facebook messages to each uni. I can't call or visit as i'm in Thailand and international fees for calls are expensive as hell.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I've sent facebook messages to each uni. I can't call or visit as i'm in Thailand and international fees for calls are expensive as hell.
    Email them rather than use a facebook message, i presume you're applying for a course that doesnt interview. If you live in Thailand have you sorted how you'll pay international fees?

ReputationRep:
    thats the uni deadline for some art courses if thats what your doing? If not contact the unis..

ReputationRep:
    Email them rather than use a facebook message, i presume you're applying for a course that doesnt interview. If you live in Thailand have you sorted how you'll pay international fees?
    I'll be using student finance uk. I'm dual national British Thai.

To prove I am coming back to the UK and be elegible for a loan, I need to show flight details, evidence of family members and myself in Thailand, letter of conscription from the government office (it's in Thai so dunno how they will read it and I got defferred from joining because I'm mixed not full.), send evidence of my two passports and my Thai id. Unsure of what else can used for evidence to prove I'm not going to run away after I graduate.

My cousin had a child and got married so I'll show photos of that, problem is that I'm not in any of them.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I'll be using student finance uk. I'm dual national British Thai.

To prove I am coming back to the UK and be elegible for a loan, I need to show flight details, evidence of family members and myself in Thailand, letter of conscription from the government office (it's in Thai so dunno how they will read it and I got defferred from joining because I'm mixed not full.), send evidence of my two passports and my Thai id. Unsure of what else can used for evidence to prove I'm not going to run away after I graduate.

My cousin had a child and got married so I'll show photos of that, problem is that I'm not in any of them.
    Dual nationality won't matter, it's your 3 year residency you'll have to prove, you best call them to clear up what evidence they'll accept, they can be very strict on this sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    Dual nationality won't matter, it's your 3 year residency you'll have to prove, you best call them to clear up what evidence they'll accept, they can be very strict on this sort of thing.

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:

Have you actually checked what is required, though? Random photos of a wedding are not going to be accepted. Based on this thread, I would be very surprised if you are eligible to be considered as a home student.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:

As Claire has been saying, it's residency not nationality that matters. Have you actually lived in the UK for the last 3 years, if not you are likely to be classed as International.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.