Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There's this girl who spread a very scandalous rumor about me and a professor, which isn't even true. The professor and I have a very positive professional relationship, which is why other people would believe the rumor to be true. I wouldn't want this stupid rumor to ruin everything, or get either of us into unnecessary trouble, as he has always been helpful towards me, and I don't want things to become awkward between us.

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing you can do i think? Rumours die out after a while and everyone will find somehting else to target after.

Hopefully it wont make anyting awkward- if you havent done anything then there's nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    Tell her, "Oh you're spreading rumours? Nice to know you're spreading something other than your legs for once."

She won't bother you again

ReputationRep:
    I mean..just don't care?
    those that spread rumours love seeing the reactions, if you go about as if nothing happened, the person who spread the rumour will (most likely) get bored.

I've got plenty of strange rumours about me circulating, ranging from me killing someone to me being a paedophile.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.