The Student Room Group

Heres a good question for girls

If everyone found the guy you liked ugly would you still date him?
All your guy/girl friends found him ugly.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JokesOnYoo

I would definitely still date him because clearly, he was cute enough for me to date him in the first place why care what other people think now!
If I'm already dating him then yeah ofc, but if I was just considering him and everyone thought he was ugly, I would definitely reconsider depending on the guy and also which friends said he's ugly- real friends would just say there's nothing wrong with him even if he isn't cute.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes,why not?
Reply 4
Yes, of course. None of my friends find my partner particularly attractive and that's fine. I don't base the worth of a partner based on what others think of him, be it for his looks or anything else. It only matters what me and him think of each other.

yeah of course!

hes your guy, you like, thats all that matters, who cares what anyone else says? its your happiness that counts
Original post by Spock's Socks
Yes, of course. None of my friends find my partner particularly attractive and that's fine. I don't base the worth of a partner based on what others think of him, be it for his looks or anything else. It only matters what me and him think of each other.

Did you ask them or did they just decide to tell you?
Reply 7
Original post by Mr Smurf
Did you ask them or did they just decide to tell you?

They told me. We were talking about our partners and then they said they were surprised he was my type and they said he's a nice guy but not their type personally. Some friends can talk about that sort of thing and it's fine and not hurtful or a touchy subject .

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Ermmm if I liked him why would I care?...
Even better if they find him ugly tbh, means no one will be eyeing up my man :smug:
If you like him then surely you don't think he's ugly then ?
Original post by Supernova91
If you like him then surely you don't think he's ugly then ?

rer-ead the OP :biggrin:
Original post by Spock's Socks
They told me. We were talking about our partners and then they said they were surprised he was my type and they said he's a nice guy but not their type personally. Some friends can talk about that sort of thing and it's fine and not hurtful or a touchy subject .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh saying he's not their type is fine. I was thinking they told you that they think he is unattractive.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cbreef
rer-ead the OP :biggrin:

Lol my bad
But If u liked him that should be all that matters :smile:
As long as I found him attractive, it wouldn't matter
If anything that's a bonus. With such low self-esteem and appeal I could treat him how I wanted and get away with it,

Of course I would! Who cares what my friends as long as I'm happy and he's nice to me :u:
People have been critical of my partner's appearance. It's never changed me wanting to be with him.

I'm sure there are people who dislike my appearance (there were some people incredibly vocal about that in secondary school) and I doubt that would bother him either. :tongue:
Reply 17
I have done so in the past.

Trust me, its a good thing if no other woman finds your man attractive apart from you!

Yeah, who cares what others think? What's important is what you think of them

yeah obv, i'll be the one dating him, they wont be the ones, so i wouldnt gaf about their opinion lols

Quick Reply