Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am considering firming Greenwich but worried that I may achieve about 2 grades below the requirements. I haven't seen anyone get an unconditional, I was wondering if anyone has got one prior to A level results?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Caver)
    Hi,
    I am considering firming Greenwich but worried that I may achieve about 2 grades below the requirements. I haven't seen anyone get an unconditional, I was wondering if anyone has got one prior to A level results?
    Unconditional offers are nearly always given to people who have already completed their A levels, so no, you are unlikely to meet anyone who was given one prior to receiving their results.

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional before finishing my A2sbut they are not the norm in any way. Usually students only get them if their predicted are quite a bit above the entry requirement and/or they seem to be an excellent student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Unconditional offers are nearly always given to people who have already completed their A levels, so no, you are unlikely to meet anyone who was given one prior to receiving their results.
    they're becoming more common, almost everyone i know has at least one unconditional lol
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Caver)
    they're becoming more common, almost everyone i know has at least one unconditional lol
    No, genuine unconditional offers (meaning an offer without any conditions attached) are still very rare for people who haven't completed their A levels. The type of (faux) unconditional offers which are becoming common are ones where a university says we'll give you an unconditional offer if you firm us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    No, genuine unconditional offers (meaning an offer without any conditions attached) are still very rare for people who haven't completed their A levels. The type of (faux) unconditional offers which are becoming common are ones where a university says we'll give you an unconditional offer if you firm us.
    but its never normally a university at the top of your target range is it? so your always effectively committing to accepting less.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 9, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.