Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When is the best time of the day to workout? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Question as above
    • Political Ambassador

Finding the perfect time to exercise is all about personal preference. Everybody's different, if you're not a morning person it does no good for you to schedule your workout early in the day.

Try to find out the right time for you and then be consistent with your routine.

ReputationRep:
    I heard do light cardio as soon as you wake up, and an intense workout in the noon and not on a full stomach

ReputationRep:
    whenever you personally feel best is when you should work out

that said you can train your body to get used to exercise at any time of day if you keep a consistent routine

ReputationRep:
    not monday evening cos of international chest day

ReputationRep:
    All day erryday BABY

ReputationRep:
    If I don't do it first thing in the morning it won't get done at all.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Depends entirely on you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When the gym is the emptiest!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When you have the most energy

ReputationRep:
    Depends what your goals are, but first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (or black coffee) helps to burn fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    I heard do light cardio as soon as you wake up, and an intense workout in the noon and not on a full stomach
    So basically, you have no idea, but you're happy to give out your bad advice anyway.

OP, the answer is that in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. Whatever works best with your schedule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pen ruler)
    Depends what your goals are, but first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (or black coffee) helps to burn fat.
    This is largely overstated, the actual difference it makes to fat burning is a few percent.

ReputationRep:
    Recently I've been running during my lunch hour and found it very easy to get into the habit which is often the hardest hurdle. Also I end up doing more intense running as I'm more conscious of the time, so favour intervals at a fast pace.

Now considering joining a gym as I struggle to motivate myself to lift weights at home as much as I would like to. Thinking the ideal time to go would be in the morning before work, presumably its not a busy time. Then you'd have your evenings free.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Some people I know wake up express early just to squeeze in their exercise workout. I've tried that and failed.

Going during lunch break is pretty much the only time that works for me too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.