Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm ready to apply for colleges but I'm unsure if I can do these following courses: BTEC APPLIED SCIENCE LEVEL3, ENGLISH LIT A LEVEL, CHEMISRTY AND BIOLOGY. I don't know if applied science already includes both biology and chemistry. Help please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelo Martins)
    So, I'm ready to apply for colleges but I'm unsure if I can do these following courses: BTEC APPLIED SCIENCE LEVEL3, ENGLISH LIT A LEVEL, CHEMISRTY AND BIOLOGY. I don't know if applied science already includes both biology and chemistry. Help please!
    applied science consists of mostly bio and chemistry and usually has a small amount of physics in it if you do this course it usually takes up 3 course option places for the extended diploma or 2 for the sub diploma meaning you would only be able to pick 1 other subject if you did extended or none depending on the college. you can usually do 1 a level science while studying the extended diploma or 2 a levels while studying the sub diploma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eyyyooo98)
    applied science consists of mostly bio and chemistry and usually has a small amount of physics in it if you do this course it usually takes up 3 course option places for the extended diploma or 2 for the sub diploma meaning you would only be able to pick 1 other subject if you did extended or none depending on the college. you can usually do 1 a level science while studying the extended diploma or 2 a levels while studying the sub diploma
    so i do BTEC APPLIED SCIENCE AND ENGLISH LIT A LEVEL or CHEMISTRY A LEVEL only right?

ReputationRep:
    so i do BTEC APPLIED SCIENCE AND ENGLISH LIT A LEVEL only right?
    You could do extended and bio or chem or English lit (extended)
    or you could do sub english and another A level (sub)

ReputationRep:
    You could do extended and bio or chem or English lit (extended)
    or you could do sub english and another A level (sub)
    not being rude or anything but im not used to all the extended and bio and sub things... you wouldnt mind just saying what you said again just a bit more clear please,
    sorry

ReputationRep:
    not being rude or anything but im not used to all the extended and bio and sub things... you wouldnt mind just saying what you said again just a bit more clear please,
    sorry
    No problem the extended diploma is equivalent to 3 A levels so it would take up 3 subject places in your time table this would leave you with one other choice to study whatever A level you want

the sub diploma is equivalent to 2 a levels so it would take up 2 subject places in your timetable so you could chose 2 other subjects to study.

ReputationRep:
    No problem the extended diploma is equivalent to 3 A levels so it would take up 3 subject places in your time table this would leave you with one other choice to study whatever A level you want

the sub diploma is equivalent to 2 a levels so it would take up 2 subject places in your timetable so you could chose 2 other subjects to study.
    Thank you so much, i really did apprecitate your help

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, i really did apprecitate your help
    Sorry I would like to add if you want to do the sub diploma I would add either chemistry or biology with English lit because some uni's dont like it when a student is applying for a science course with only the sub diploma without another science A level. If you do the extended diploma and say English lit they usually dont need another science A level with it.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I would like to add if you want to do the sub diploma I would add either chemistry or biology with English lit because some uni's dont like it when a student is applying for a science course with only the sub diploma without another science A level. If you do the extended diploma and say English lit they usually dont need another science A level with it.
    Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.