The Student Room Group

Can you reject an independent pharmacy for a pre-registration pharmacist placement wh

I accepted a pre-registration placement offer at my local independent pharmacy as i was quiet worried and had been rejected by boots and was put on hold by Lloyds. So i accepted this offer in summer 2016 to start in summer 2017 by signing a small section attached underneath a letter which stated ''I confirm that i am accepting the offer of a pre-registration placement at ******** pharmacy. It is a letter giving me details about the offer and not a contract as contract is normally laid out in a terms and conditions format with legal clauses. I have been offered a pre-registration placement at another pharmacy where i wanted to go from day one but firstly they took very long to get back to me and secondly when they got back to me, it was very late and i had already accepted this place. Initially, the pharmacy where i wanted to go to rejected me but then later on offered me a place when the space became available. Now i have an offer from a pharmacy where i really want to go to and i only have a week to get back to them whereas i don’t know how to decline this independent pharmacy offer where i have already signed a small section as mentioned above.

Can this independent pharmacy take me to court on the basis that i have signed a small section underneath a letter which is not even a contract?

Please can somebody guide, give their opinion and share their personal experience related to this issue.

Kind regards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending