Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else see the TED talk of a woman and the man who raped her teaming up? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If so what were your thoughts on it?

For those who haven't seen it, it was a TED talk between a woman (Thordis Elva( and the man who raped her (Tom Stranger). They both discussed what happened and their internal conflicts and opened up an important (in my opinion) dialogue. For those who haven't seen it, I think it's an important watch. And something you should watch and really listen to before commenting on it.

I found the talk really quite confronting and conflicting in my response to it. On the one hand I've always felt rape needs to be talked about more in this light (who commits it, why they commit it etc) but on the other hand there is always that emotional response in the back of my mind that is disgusted by the rapists side....and fair enough that's completely normal. But I still think it's important to listen and understand how and why it happens in the first place as a means of hopefully preventing it from happening again.

ReputationRep:
    If that was me, I don't know what i would've done to him. I'm not that forgiving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    If that was me, I don't know what i would've done to him. I'm not that forgiving
    I can't even imagine what it must have been like for her to do what she did.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.