Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Just ended things with this guy I had been seeing since late November. We had only met up 3 times (last time was a week before uni ended for Christmas) and I was starting to get annoyed (late January) because I felt like he never made any effort to see me (despite him living a 5 min walk away!) but I made effort to see him (invite him round etc).

He said he liked me but feelings take time to develop. I said how can we make this into anything if you never come and see me? We argued a bit but that was the basis of the conversation. He said I was giving him too much stress/hassle and at the end of the convo he said 'Bye', but I thought this was just an argument. I had been really patient with him in the past.

Anyway he goes and unfriends me from Facebook, deletes my number and says 'I was going to invite you round tonight anyway' and we argued a bit more then he says he doesn't want my stress anymore and we ended things. I mean I can't even call it a relationship because it was 3 'hang outs'. :P

Was I wrong to pressure him to see me more or was he just not that bothered? In the beginning he messaged me loads but guys don't keep that up for long after feelings are established... thoughts?

Tl;dr: met 3 times in 3 months, wanted to see him more, he said he didn't want pressure and hassle.

ReputationRep:
    He just sounds like a ****head tbh.

ReputationRep:
    No you wasn't wrong. You clearly wanted more than he was willing to give or put in. You've heard of when people say " you deserve better". But would you really wanna be with someone who never makes time for you or wants to spend time with you? That's not really a relationship. I'd say you were lucky to get away before things got serious or more more complicated. Just take it as experience and spot the signs quicker next time and not waste time with someone like that. X

ReputationRep:
    You're right you can't really call it a relationship because it never fully developed but you certainly tried and it sounds like he didn't. Most likely he'll be repeating this pattern with other girls in the future. You were not wrong to think if things were to develop between you that he should make an effort too. I feel you dodged a bullet here. Be thankful he won't be bringing you down in the future - go hold your head up high and meet someone new who will respect you and want to spend time with you. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGoodPharaoh)
    He just sounds like a ****head tbh.
    Yeah I think I caught feelings and was just a bit stupid. :/ Thought he liked me just had a weird way of showing it but now I realise he just wasn't that bothered and was probably seeing me just because he was bored.

(Original post by Amina190)
    No you wasn't wrong. You clearly wanted more than he was willing to give or put in. You've heard of when people say " you deserve better". But would you really wanna be with someone who never makes time for you or wants to spend time with you? That's not really a relationship. I'd say you were lucky to get away before things got serious or more more complicated. Just take it as experience and spot the signs quicker next time and not waste time with someone like that. X
    Oh my gosh this is so true. :P Just wish I hadn't spent so much time thinking it would progress and introducing him to my friends. Guess I will just have to take it as experience and look out for someone better! <3

(Original post by Hopefully1)
    You're right you can't really call it a relationship because it never fully developed but you certainly tried and it sounds like he didn't. Most likely he'll be repeating this pattern with other girls in the future. You were not wrong to think if things were to develop between you that he should make an effort too. I feel you dodged a bullet here. Be thankful he won't be bringing you down in the future - go hold your head up high and meet someone new who will respect you and want to spend time with you. Good Luck!
    Yeah that's what was so disappointing... my friend got into a relationship early December and they're girlfriend/boyfriend now and had spent so much time together and I was there like, well I'm not getting anything. :P You are so right though I'm glad it ended before I wasted even more time on him. <3

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.