Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I'm currently studying MEng chemical engineering at university and I am wanting to transfer to a uni where I can commute from home.

I've already talked to the desired university via email and they have agreed to accept me onto their course under a few conditions.

I'm currently on my 4th year at university on a placement year (so completed 3 academic years).

Before I join at the desired uni for my final year, they want me to carry out my third academic year with them on a full time enrolement but only doing it part time as I only need to complete 60 essential credits.

So basically I'm on my placement year but the desired uni want me to redo my 3rd academic year.

Anyways, was wondering if I would classify under the condition student finance will pay if you repeat a year at uni ... even though I'm not repeating it straight after my third year.

I can't afford to pay the £9K fee myself otherwise so any advice would be really welcomed.

Bit of a complex case but hope someone out there can help me!

ReputationRep:
    So you'd do 3rd year at Teeside, part time, but on paper, full time (so from a SF point of view, you are doing the entire year again), then you'll do 4th year at Tesside after?

Placement year counts as an SF funded year I believe. So you're essentially taking one extra year? Seems like you should be covered for that extra year, unless I've go it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Yes that's exactly right!

And thanks, hope this is the case

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanishy2)
    Yes that's exactly right!

And thanks, hope this is the case

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just ring SF and find out, don't rely on others to do that. Not that it is any of my business, but wouldn't a degree from Lboro be better to have?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.