Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

US police have already killed more than 100 people this year Watch

At least 125 people have been killed by those charged with protecting them, just in the first few weeks of 2017. That number is certain to rise rapidly during Trump's reign.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7568056.html

ReputationRep:
    Another Mathemagicien troll post...

Before people are misled by his antics:

1. What is being described in the thread title did not happen.

2. Most of those 125 people were white. And, as this is the old US-of-A, most were probably armed.

3. There's also a fair amount of month-to-month variation in the number of people killed by police, so a higher-than-average January isn't necessarily going to set the trend for the whole year.

ReputationRep:
    Race baiting posts like this warrant an immediate ban.

Title makes it out to be a mass shooting. How despicable.

ReputationRep:
    50 million dead after war breaks out in Europe.

Breaking News.

From 70 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    men dressed as police officers? Had me thinking random dudes legit went out in police fancy dress and shot 125 black people...

(Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Race baiting posts like this warrant an immediate ban.

Title makes it out to be a mass shooting. How despicable.
    The official line is that clickbait titles are okay.

(Original post by Paracosm)
    Hey guys,

The CT control the 'Today on TSR' widget. It's an important tool and it allows the CT to shine light on threads you might otherwise miss. For a while, the use of the widget has been dropping (-50% in the last few months! ), we thought it might have been to do with the fact that it wasn't on mobile, however with the introduction of slightly more 'clickbait-y' titles, usage of the widget has actually gone up by 133%! So in short, yes — it might be a bit clickbait-y, but it works! The whole reason it's there is to make sure that your threads get seen and engaged with, so I think it's definitely worth it, especially as we're seeing such a huge rise in people using and then engaging with the threads they see.

I hope that makes sense.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    The official line is that clickbait titles are okay.
    Not sure what official line you're talking about as we certainly haven't given one. Titles that get people's attention are of course fine but they have to be factually correct please.

ReputationRep:
    I know some In my family who take things too far into their own handI. They assosciate with large companies And make themselves exclusive. They tried to get me In trouble And I have left them to be secretly miserable. They can go bétons there remit And never go to church, practise mindfulness of even show an ounce of proof of being normal And are just dead sneaky. I've shot gums before And am good at it but I wouldn't be Up for The hostile nature of that business their very Quick to assume The worst And its just am uncomfortable place/people to be around. They usually think there attractive well turned out And macho. Not The case I think They need to get out more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.