Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is sleeping with 11 guys at 17 too many? Watch

ReputationRep:
    11 is okay, 12 would have been over-kill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    "A bit easy"

Can't believe people are still like this when if OP was a guy he'd be called a lad or similar :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What makes you think a guy wouldn't be called out for what is, frankly, utter degeneracy?

ReputationRep:
    "A bit easy"

Can't believe people are still like this when if OP was a guy he'd be called a lad or similar :beard:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Let's be honest; you can believe it because it is a very normal and common social term applied in situations exactly like this by many others than those just on these forums.

ReputationRep:
    You are sending mixed signals. On the one hand you claim you are fine with it, yet you also say you have been crying yourself to sleep with it, and have started a thread on here seeking validation.

I don't know you, none of us do, and it is not for any of us to make judgements. But since you ask I would in turn ask you the following questions. Not in expectation of an answer, but to make you think:

WHY do you have sex with so many different partners? Do you find the novelty exciting? Is it being wanted? Is it the power you can exercise over a man (boy really) in the process?

Do you think you will be able to settle down with one guy or will that be too boring?

How do you feel afterwards? Does it make you feel used at all? Does it distress you that as soon as it is over it is like a light bulb going off for the boy? He has no more interest in you? Or is that how you feel also?

Do you think you are sex addict? Can you stop? Or is it something that is out of your control?

Do you have low or high self esteem?

ReputationRep:
    That's quite a few but it just matters what you think. For some, 3 may be a lot while others, 30 is fine.

ReputationRep:
    To answer your question, I'll have to ask you a question.

Would you be put off if you were in a relationship with a guy and found out he's slept with loads of girls before, including girls you know, etc?

If you answered yes, then you've answered your question.

If not, then live your life and be free. As long as you are not cheating, or hurting anyone, etc.

But if you want my personal opinion - and I don't know you so I am just gonna base this on what I've read so far - it seems that you want people to tell you 'No it's fine dw' but deep down, you could never believe that, hence why you made this post and crying yourself to sleep at night.
    Your sub-conscious has been telling you its not fine whilst your conscious self all these times has believed it's fine, but after you've been called all those terms, the idea of it not being okay has gotten out of your sub-conscious and your conscious self is trying to fight it off.

You are conflicted, and I hope you make the right choice. This is about you at the end of the day, not anyone else.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by jonathanemptage)
    It does make you seem a bit easy but in a years time you'll be a uni and can reinvent your self I get liking sex ( who doesn't) but I'd try and show a bit of restraint if you do that you'll be fine and a bit more respected
    A bit more respected? Respect has nothing to do with how many sexual partners you have had. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    If you're fine with how many people you've had sex with you wouldn't be coming on a forum seeking approval. Guy or girl 11 i think is a lot for 2 years, but at the the day it just depends how you personally view sex. If you don't see it as that big a deal then who cares but if it is starting to bother you then it probably means more to you than you realise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You are 17 and have slept with 11 guys?

What exactly are you trying to do? Reach at number 100 before 20?

You cannot tell me that in the last 2 years (since you started having sex at 15), you have fallen in love with 11 people, which brings me to these questions:
    a. Are you looking at sex as a way to fill some void in your life?
    b. Is it a way of feeling wanted?
    c. Are you being blackmailed into these many sexual encounters?
    d. What motivates your behavior?
    e. I notice you state you "haven't really slept with a lot of girls" which makes it look like you are sleeping around because you are experimenting your sexuality. Are you bisexual?
    f.What exactly makes you feel unbothered about sex with 11 people, especially since you are technically still a child yourself?

In short, I guess I find this troubling and feel like this is being motivated by something you havent said or havent discovered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    A bit more respected? Respect has nothing to do with how many sexual partners you have had. :lol:
    Respect is subjective yknow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Herbivore)
    Respect is subjective yknow
    I'm not sure I want the respect of someone who thinks that my respect should be tied to what they think I do with my vagina...
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blah3210)
    What makes you think a guy wouldn't be called out for what is, frankly, utter degeneracy?
    Because I've seen it so many times.

(Original post by Reue)
    Let's be honest; you can believe it because it is a very normal and common social term applied in situations exactly like this by many others than those just on these forums.
    With a society that should be and seems to be moving forward, becoming more open minded and less sexist, no, I shouldn't feel that I can believe it. People are better than this, this is like going back to *****y year 10, come on, let's be more mature than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    I'm not sure I want the respect of someone who thinks that my respect should be tied to what they think I do with my vagina...
    You don't have to...

ReputationRep:
    With a society that should be and seems to be moving forward, becoming more open minded and less sexist, no, I shouldn't feel that I can believe it. People are better than this, this is like going back to *****y year 10, come on, let's be more mature than that.
    In your opinion* it should be more open minded. Many do not share this opinion and they are not automatically wrong. It has nothing to do with maturity.

11 sexual partners at such a young age is, to a lot of people I suspect, 'too many'.

ReputationRep:
    That is nothing I was this Essex Bird's 13th or 14th when I was 13 she was 14. Any lad would do the same, it's not very lady like and you will build a reputation girls get a lot more stick than guys, but every girl is a **** at some point they get it out there system and find someone nice, the ****s from my schools are the youngest to find someone decent get a house and get married. Do what you want just have standards, your life no one elses.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you and you're friends are horrible to each other that's allI can get from this.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    In your opinion* it should be more open minded. Many do not share this opinion and they are not automatically wrong. It has nothing to do with maturity.

11 sexual partners at such a young age is, to a lot of people I suspect, 'too many'.
    I would agree it's a lot, I've not had that many and wouldn't, but again, people have different opinions as you say. Just because I wouldn't sleep with that many and others wouldn't, doesn't mean it warrants or allows people to call her easy. As I said, I doubt they would if OP was male, much the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and a virgin, though I don't even consider myself prudish. I am just not at a point in my life when I would trust myself or others to take things to this level. BUT. I never let anyone tell me that I am an 'old virgin' (please, ridiculous) or that I should do it already. My decision only.

And so: your decision only. If you feel comfortable enough, do so. However, I would suggest that you pay careful attention to your partners' sexual health and also: pay attention to them not being such *******s as the one you mentioned. Laugh him off, none of his business.

Do as you like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    PRSOM

---

OP - as long as it's safe and consensual, you do you. People will try and tell you it's too many or whatever, but what you do with your body is your choice. Other people will do different things with their bodies, and that's fine. If they want to sleep with more or less people, that's fine. What they define as too many for themselves doesn't have to apply to you. As long as you aren't putting yourself in danger, which I'd say the same for someone who had slept with 2 or 200 people, then I don't see a problem
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)

There's a difference, however, between believing it to be too many, and extending that belief to unwarranted comments like calling people easy, as a number of people in this thread have been saying.

No one is saying you have to agree with what they're doing, but as long as it's safe and consensual, it seems unfair to cast judgement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.