Can I Homeschool for College/A Levels??!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
yoyosiri
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hi I'm currently studying in the first year of sixth form (year 12) and I can not conCentrate or learn anything from being in a classroom and I would much prefer to self teach as I am good at that. I feel like I am wasting a lot of time. being in college as the school education system In England SUCKS and is inefficient and DUMB.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by yoyosiri)
hi I'm currently studying in the first year of sixth form (year 12) and I can not conCentrate or learn anything from being in a classroom and I would much prefer to self teach as I am good at that. I feel like I am wasting a lot of time. being in college as the school education system In England SUCKS and is inefficient and DUMB.
Yes you can although you would have to meet the requirements for homeschooling otherwise it wouldnt be allowed, but they probably wouldnt care if you left and you probably wouldnt be chased up either. Talk to your parents and the school.

https://www.gov.uk/home-schooling-information-council

http://www.home-education.org.uk/articles/ehelg.pdf
yoyosiri
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Yes you can although you would have to meet the requirements for homeschooling otherwise it wouldnt be allowed, but they probably wouldnt care if you left and you probably wouldnt be chased up either. Talk to your parents and the school.
what requirements?
Ashley195
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by yoyosiri)
I’m homeschooling and it was the best decision I’ve ever made. Not everyone can and should have to go through sixth form/college to take Alevels. I’m using an online distance learning provider, Open study college and I’m doing geography, history and psychology. It has been very expensive process though and it can get boring but I’m determined to get to university. Although it would be too late to start now unless you want to start next year
iamarock
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm homeschooling using NEC and it has been one of my best decisions. It can be quite challenging and you have to be motivated a self-disciplined but you get a lot more spare time and i found i can focus much better on my work and get through topics much faster.
Random8kid
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
But how do you take the exams and get the qualifications if you don't go to school. I recently got my results and they are ******** due to covid algorithm thingy. So my college isn't allowing me to take subjects I want. How do I sit the exams in 2 years time and get my qualifications with a school/college.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (532)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (647)
41.29%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (316)
20.17%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.59%

Watched Threads