Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ... THEY'RE POINTLESS

just answer varied questions on the content on that page until you've answered every single possibly of that question so when the exam comes you can just adapt to the environment that the question uses!

ReputationRep:
    You're entitled to your [wrong] opinion hun

ReputationRep:
    But I like flashcards

ReputationRep:
    Surely you have the capacity to understand that we all have our own optimal methods of learning, and what works best for you may not for another.

ReputationRep:
    This method has worked for me at GCSE and it's now still continuing to work at A-Level. Your entitled to your opinon but please do not go around what people can and can't do...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I use them for everything at uni. People learn in different ways and do whatever suits them.
    If there's one thing I can't abide, it's a know-it-all who want to tell everyone else how to study, when I have been up since 5am making my flash cards for my next class test. X

ReputationRep:
    I've never made a flash card but w/e, probs would be a good strategy
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    What the hek is a flashcard
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rexar)
    What the hek is a flashcard
    It's a card which flashes at night. It boosts your memory as if "flashing" your brain capability.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyosiri)
    ... THEY'RE POINTLESS

just answer varied questions on the content on that page until you've answered every single possibly of that question so when the exam comes you can just adapt to the environment that the question uses!
    Research has shown that flashcards help. Look it up if you don't believe me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moltenmo)
    It's a card which flashes at night. It boosts your memory as if "flashing" your brain capability.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I need to try that

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. They are method to procrastination with less guilt.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they're uselss if used correctly. I make them using the exam spec so that I know all the information I need to know and don't revise pointless information. Obviously they are no use at helping you with exam question technique but they're great for learning content.

ReputationRep:
    I use flashcards for all my exam based modules. Past papers are limited and don't have answers, so making up your own questions on all the content and memorising the answers is extremely helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Flashcards are the most useful method of revision for me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.