Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    She really annoys me :rolleyes: I've only known her for a few months and at the start we got on OK in fact we have been good at times but now Im just thinking of friend dumping. :ahee: She's on my course at uni btw

-At the start I thought she was some spoiled rich girl cos she openly judged people on things like not having an iPhone or buying fake Uggs. Then once I got to know it turns out she doesnt have much money and is always complaining about being broke, yet buying more things she doesn't need, like going to an expensive hair salon

-We are not "best friends" far from it. In fact shes more popular than me on social media, I barely use it lel.. While she's obviously the girl who had tons of friends at school etc. But she seems to have beef with almost EVERYONE at uni: the tutorial leader hates her and has a "grudge", her best friends are boring for doing their assignments and not going out with her, her siblings are too conservative, her boyfriend is "just temporary" and "she doesn't love him really," she doesn't get on with Southerners which our uni is full of because they "think differently". Meaning I often end up being the one to hang out with her even though we are not so close. She can't take being told no sometimes and fake cries about being alone wtf, she's like 20!! But she seems really popular on fb etc??

-She is always oneupping me in conversation or being rude. For example if I make a casual remark about how I like a dress or something, she'll be like "Oh that dress isn't for me, I hate that style". Or if I talk about good things in my life she listened at the start but now she doesn't pay attention to what I say yet just goes on about herself which is weird. I'm honestly not prettier than her or something, in fact she has a bf and I do not, but I have a really close family who live very close by and she's from a broken family and hasn't even spoken to her dad since she was 9, and I have hobbies in lots of clubs like skiing whereas she doesn't do anything/ make an effort with uni.

I notice she gets ruder when I mention those two even though it is just in passing not to make her feel bad obv. Maybe it's because she was raised w a difficult childhood but she doesn't know how to ask for stuff politely, she either wheedles and asks it really childish "can I have your notes PLEASEEEE I love you so much" or she's rude like "Can you stop answering all the tutorial questions? Omg, it's so annoying." When I put my foot and say no about things she has a long face but I don't even know how much of this is her or its her mum who is really strict Christian and she has issues with apparently.

She's in my tutorials which is how we became friends in the first place. But how do I get her to **** off? Call me *****y but I honestly try w her but she seems to have issues with MOST people tbh. Or idealise them and then try to manipulate them by being like "I love you" like she did with me at the start or her boyfriend when he bought her presents. :rolleyes:

tl:dr - How do I ditch a toxic "friend" whom I see around all the time?
    • Political Ambassador

Political Ambassador
    How do I ditch a toxic "friend" whom I see around all the time?

Show her this thread.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Tell her your not interested in being friends with her anymore. Simple.

I dont think its appropriate for you to post her personal life all over the internet though so maybe you have more in common than you realise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also- instead of judging her (which you are doing by posting this thread) realise that the fact she does have a difficult family may mean she has issues with insecurity and attachments issues hence why she has bumpy relationships with her friends and other people she meets in life

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol no

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, reading this thread I don't think you're entirely innocent yourself!

ReputationRep:
    She's a b I t c h and a half

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    I don't know, reading this thread I don't think you're entirely innocent yourself!
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    She's a b I t c h and a half
    Sounds to me, like OP is the ***** and the other girl is 100% the victim

I know girls like op

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyler bentham)
    Sounds to me, like OP is the ***** and the other girl is 100% the victim

I know girls like op
    The girl OP is talking about sounds so negative and judgemental. This sort of behaviour will influence OP and that's obviously a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    The girl OP is talking about sounds so negative and judgemental. This sort of behaviour will influence OP and that's obviously a bad thing.
    It seems to me like this girl has opened up about her family etc and OP has judged her? :dontknow:

OP seems like she is playing victim lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyler bentham)
    It seems to me like this girl has opened up about her family etc and OP has judged her? :dontknow:

OP seems like she is playing victim lol.
    Opening up to her doesn't mean it's anything when she's being rude to her in the process and to everyone else

ReputationRep:
    Opening up to her doesn't mean it's anything when she's being rude to her in the process and to everyone else
    Idk I'd be hurt if someone posted about my personal issue online :nope:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.