Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a second year biomedical science student and I was just wondering how would I be able to get experience for Healthcare assistant job role as they all need minimum 6 months experience in order to start. Would appreciate it if anyone knows of any companies that hire people with no experience. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vista.B)
    I'm a second year biomedical science student and I was just wondering how would I be able to get experience for Healthcare assistant job role as they all need minimum 6 months experience in order to start. Would appreciate it if anyone knows of any companies that hire people with no experience. Thank you
    I know I answered you on the other thread but Barchester Healthcare usually will hire care assistants with no prior relevant work experience. Not quite a HCA but very similar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I know I answered you on the other thread but Barchester Healthcare usually will hire care assistants with no prior relevant work experience. Not quite a HCA but very similar
    So I just give them a call later on today and hopefully they'll give me the training I require and job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vista.B)
    So I just give them a call later on today and hopefully they'll give me the training I require and job
    I would recommend looking on their website for vacancies for carers in your area. Then apply to them online (you'll have to do this anyway)

If you're successful they will probably want to interview you and will ask for a CRB check and two references. The CRB clearance might take some time to come through so be prepared for a bit of a wait if you're successful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I would recommend looking on their website for vacancies for carers in your area. Then apply to them online (you'll have to do this anyway)

If you're successful they will probably want to interview you and will ask for a CRB check and two references. The CRB clearance might take some time to come through so be prepared for a bit of a wait if you're successful.
    Alright thank you very much I appreciate your help

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.