Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's time to abolish the welfare state Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlesnowflake)
    i want open borders for working professionals and students but no welfare state.

i'd rather hard working immigrants than lazy brits in the country.
    I agree on the open borders but no welfare state.

ReputationRep:
    What scrap pensions and all work until we drop dead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    A video doesn't prove anything nor is it a valid argument.
    You are incompetent on economics and you have illustrated this on several occasions.
    The great depression was made worse from 1929-19333 because the money supply was reduced by a third , it was the Fed's fault.
    I think you ought to read Friedman's ides as they are actually based of empirical evidence!

Even the former labour PM and chancellor , James Callaghan put it nicely:
    We used to think that you could spend your way out of a recession and increase employment by cutting taxes and boosting government spending. I tell you in all candour that that option no longer exists, and in so far as it ever did exist, it only worked on each occasion since the war by injecting a bigger dose of inflation into the economy, followed by a higher level of unemployment as the next step."
    You are also using out dated data , what worked 100 years doesn't work today!
    Again showing you like most leftists know nothing about economics.
    It's no crime to be ignorant of economics though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    A video doesn't prove anything nor is it a valid argument.
    You are incompetent on economics and you have illustrated this on several occasions.
    The great depression was made worse from 1929-19333 because the money supply was reduced by a third , it was the Fed's fault.
    I think you ought to read Friedman's ides as they are actually based of empirical evidence!

Even the former labour PM and chancellor , James Callaghan put it nicely:
    We used to think that you could spend your way out of a recession and increase employment by cutting taxes and boosting government spending. I tell you in all candour that that option no longer exists, and in so far as it ever did exist, it only worked on each occasion since the war by injecting a bigger dose of inflation into the economy, followed by a higher level of unemployment as the next step."

James Callaghan was drunk when he said that. He didn't mean it. I was there at the time.

ReputationRep:
    James Callaghan was drunk when he said that. He didn't mean it. I was there at the time.
    No evidence, just another bold claim with no evidence. Again its no crime to be ignorant of economics.............

ReputationRep:
    No evidence, just another bold claim with no evidence. Again its no crime to be ignorant of economics.............
    I was only joking. The truth is I'm a bit busy at the moment so I don't have the time to make create a comeback

ReputationRep:
    I was only joking. The truth is I'm a bit busy at the moment so I don't have the time to make create a comeback
    Nor do you understand economics

ReputationRep:
    Nor do you understand economics
    :mob:

ReputationRep:
    And you're a complete goon

ReputationRep:
    Scrap 90% of the benefit system. Nobody is going to starve, instead of benefits becoming their lifeline their neighbours and community will instead. Thats all our benefit system is though, its just basically zionist state takeover of white families. Restore traditional morality (whether christianity/islam idgaf) and that would solve nearly everything, it would get rid of benefit tourism and reduce the polish dominated service workforce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlesnowflake)
    i want open borders for working professionals and students but no welfare state.

i'd rather hard working immigrants than lazy brits in the country.
    But then how would we preserve the British 'culture' and bloodlines 😲😲😲

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.