Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My little sister can't zip up her jacket. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am needing advice on this issue with my sister Cailyn (7), she cannot zip up her jacket despite us teaching her for over 3 years.

I am a leader at her Brownies group so I zip her Brownies jacket.

I am also responsible for getting her to school and back home again for lunch and pick up, our mother works so I'm basically the babysitter (not a complaint, I love my sister), so I zip her jacket nearly everyday .

She can tie her shoelaces so its just zipping she struggles with.

ReputationRep:
    this would never happen in china cause they dont tolerate dumb kids there.

ReputationRep:
    Does she have any type of attention deficit disorder? This is probably a good indicator of one. Try teaching her in a different way than usual, make her focus, give her a few memory tricks to use, ask her to visualise the process, etcetera.

ReputationRep:
    Put cartoon videos on for her about that. Like a song. Trust me, there's a song for everything

ReputationRep:
    it's fidgetty, just encourage her, that's how you teach people things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Highland Ellen)
    Hi, I am needing advice on this issue with my sister Cailyn (7), she cannot zip up her jacket despite us teaching her for over 3 years.

I am a leader at her Brownies group so I zip her Brownies jacket.

I am also responsible for getting her to school and back home again for lunch and pick up, our mother works so I'm basically the babysitter (not a complaint, I love my sister), so I zip her jacket nearly everyday .

She can tie her shoelaces so its just zipping she struggles with.
    She can tie her laces but no do her zip... Well it beats me. Maybe try finding something on youtube or maybe its lack of attention disorder. Either way see if there's something on Youtube.
    NIce you like your Sister so much

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to use her strong hand! I have to use my left etc...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.