The Student Room Group

Should I quit my well paid job

I hate it more than I should but I'm not learning anything or getting any fulfillment from the job.I've been in the field for nearly 3 years and I hate it soo much, it's making me depressed. I don't have another job yet but I do have alot experience. Will it be the end of the world to quit and then carefully choose a new career? I have tried looking for ages but I think I need a break and fresh mindset to make successful applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, quit it.
What are your academic qualifications?
Quit if you're feeling so bad BUT make sure you have a job lined up before leaving. So start looking now. Are you wanting to work in the same field or get out of that industry altogether?
Original post by Justfedup
I hate it more than I should but I'm not learning anything or getting any fulfillment from the job.I've been in the field for nearly 3 years and I hate it soo much, it's making me depressed. I don't have another job yet but I do have alot experience. Will it be the end of the world to quit and then carefully choose a new career? I have tried looking for ages but I think I need a break and fresh mindset to make successful applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If your not happy, then Quit. However allways have another job lined up before you leave. Find something you enjoy. BTW... How old are you and how much do you get paid? I'm just Nosy...:wink:
Reply 5
I am 24 and on a good graduate salary, its the only reason I have stayed this long. The people are great and the work could be great , it is just not my subject area, its civil service and I'm lucky to have the job I just don't understand anything. I don't have another job yet, but as I said I think once a quit I will be able to concentrate on applications, right now I am very stressed.
Reply 6
Psychology graduate
Hi,

Do just be aware of the length of time it takes to go through the application and HR clearance process. Plus it sounds like you don't really know what you want to do going forward....
Your job might be stressful, but If you aren't earning and you have non-negotiable outgoings (rent/mortgage, food, student loan etc.) then that is an additional source of anxiety.
That said, we only have one go at life, and if you don't feel that your current career is what you want, then you should change. But i would look at your options from the security of your current employment, or at least make sure you have liquid savings equivalent to 3 months of your earnings to support yourself.

Hope this helps.

Al
Reply 8
I have savings, I don't jave many bills as I live with parents, just groceries I pay for! I've just had enough and job apps are not going great at the moment due to just feeling pretty **** about how I'm doing on this job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest