Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If I owned a farm and started digging, would there just be loads of mud? How long before I hit a rock?

ReputationRep:
    Dig about 6 feet down, and if you don't find rock by then you can lie down in your own hole. Literally dig your own grave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prazzyjazzy)
    Dig about 6 feet down, and if you don't find rock by then you can lie down in your own hole. Literally dig your own grave.
    that's not very nice, this is a serious geological question, less hate pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RV91)
    that's not very nice, this is a serious geological question, less hate pls
    I apologise, but why here? Why are you asking on TSR of all places?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prazzyjazzy)
    I apologise, but why here? Why are you asking on TSR of all places?
    because google doesn't answer it for me, or my scrolling endurance is not sufficient to find it

i just want to know how much mud there is
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RV91)
    If I owned a farm and started digging, would there just be loads of mud? How long before I hit a rock?
    The definition of mud in geology is an unconsolidated sediment containing mixtures of clay- and silt-sized particles, i.e. particles smaller than 62 microns in diameter. The generation and deposition of particles of these sizes (and therefore mud), largely depends on the types and rates of weathering, erosion and other geological/geographic processes occurring in a particular area, and the composition of the original rock(s) being weathered (as some minerals in rocks are weathered more easily). The amount of mud you'd encounter therefore varies from place to place, so there is no definitive answer to your question

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.