Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Help. I've been with my boyfriend for just over a year but we were seeing each other for a while before that. We have had our ups and downs in the past over exes and whatnot, so I'm a little bit of a snooper and I went onto his messages today and saw a chat about myself with a friend of his from when we were seeing each other. In said chat, he was telling his friend lies about me and ****ging personal things such as my weight which he knew then was my biggest insecurity. I'm struggling on how to deal with this. Please please any advice would be appreciated . TIA x

He has no right whatsoever in telling his friend about you. If he knows about your insecurity then why is he displaying that to others? I personally feel that he is not the right boyfriend for you if he is going around and telling people about your secrets. You need to talk to him.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I think I know that myself, just need to work up the courage to end things I think. Thanks again x

(Original post by Cl6991)
    Thank you. I think I know that myself, just need to work up the courage to end things I think. Thanks again x
    Oh right sorry. I didn't mean to give you information about stuff you already know.
    I would like to know if you are going to break up with him? What are your next steps?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I thought i would give a reply as i have recently been in a similar situation.
    I was with my last boyfriend for a couple of years and we were living together, He always told me it was fine for me to go on his phone for whatever reason as he had nothing to hide.
    So one day i was just on his phone playing around with snapchat etc and then i see he had been messaging one of his ex's soo idk he made an excuse about it and we moved on.
    I then became curious another time and read some messages between him and his best friend and some of the things that my boyfriend was saying about me was horrible!
    It was like he was a completely different guy!

So the points i am trying to make are that sometimes guys like to show off to their friends to make themselves appear more macho? i dont know
    but whatever it is , I DONT agree with it.

The whole day after i read that message i was so anxious to talk to him but i knew i had too because how can you continue a relationship with someone you don't trust? My thoughts were that if he apologized and we had a chat about it then maybe we could move on but he just denied everything and started bottling up and not really talking. So i decided i had to leave the relationship.
    So my advice is to just talk to your boyfriend and see what he has to say
    Best of luck
    I know it can be difficult so feel free to message any time

P.S Sorry for the long post

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.