Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please give advice about what to do when I visit my cousins and auntie or when they come to my house. I think that they dont like me and whenever I am around them I can never be myself. Please help

Only females can message me. No males please!!!

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you could just excuse yourself and stay in your room till they leave? Or tell your parents so they don't invite them over?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batgirl98)
    Perhaps you could just excuse yourself and stay in your room till they leave? Or tell your parents so they don't invite them over?
    Thank you for your advice. My friends just yesterday were telling me the same thing. I can't do that as it is quite rude to do that in my culture. I have to be in their presence when they come to my house. I hate it and this issue has been going on for some time. I feel lonely and feel like nobody cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspire.1a)
    Thank you for your advice. My friends just yesterday were telling me the same thing. I can't do that as it is quite rude to do that in my culture. I have to be in their presence when they come to my house. I hate it and this issue has been going on for some time. I feel lonely and feel like nobody cares.
    Oh, I understand. Why do you feel they don't like you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babatunde6969)
    what you should do is whack your meat out they would really love that

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I understand. Why do you feel they don't like you?
    My auntie acts cold around me and barely speaks to me. When I asked a question she got quite rude and I immediately felt like bursting into tears. I may sound like a baby but I cannot take this much longer.
    I think it's because of stuff that has occured in the past. They still have this stigma attached to me. I act like a completely different person around them.

By the way are you female #? Liek fully? Because I can only speak to females.

ReputationRep:
    My auntie acts cold around me and barely speaks to me. When I asked a question she got quite rude and I immediately felt like bursting into tears. I may sound like a baby but I cannot take this much longer.
    I think it's because of stuff that has occured in the past. They still have this stigma attached to me. I act like a completely different person around them.

By the way are you female #? Liek fully? Because I can only speak to females.
    I feel so bad for you . Don't worry you're not acting like a baby, I'm sure I would probably react that way too if I was in that situation. And yes, I am a female for real I'm guessing you are one too?

ReputationRep:
    I feel so bad for you . Don't worry you're not acting like a baby, I'm sure I would probably react that way too if I was in that situation. And yes, I am a female for real I'm guessing you are one too?
    Yes.
    So what shall I do then if you dont mind?

ReputationRep:
    Please give advice about what to do when I visit my cousins and auntie or when they come to my house. I think that they dont like me and whenever I am around them I can never be myself. Please help
    I'm in a similar situation. My father's side of the family are rude and ignorant yet I have to behave in their presence and show respect. When I visit them, despite being in the same room, I usually ignore them unless I ask the adults if they would like a drink or food. The same when they visit, unless I ask them if they want anything, or if they speak to me directly, I don't attempt to converse with them.

There's not much you can really do. Just realise that you don't need them to like you as do you like them yourself? If their rude and ignorant, it's better to know then to never realise their true personalities.

Don't give them any reason to hate you (ie why you behave and ask them politely if they need anything) but you yourself just need to let them go. Are these the kind of people you want to place your trust in and count on?

I know they are family and family is important but I have found the only people you can truly count on is your immediate family (parents and siblings) and close friends.

Hope this helps and I hope you feel better about your situation

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    So what shall I do then if you dont mind?
    It's definitely tricky but I feel that either you could try and talk to your parents or, if they're not approachable then maybe you will just have to take support from your friends and sort of face the music, so to speak.
    Of course, when you're 18 you could always leave home, although I'm guessing that's probably not an option .

Hope that helps some and good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tara_Mc)
    I'm in a similar situation. My father's side of the family are rude and ignorant yet I have to behave in their presence and show respect. When I visit them, despite being in the same room, I usually ignore them unless I ask the adults if they would like a drink or food. The same when they visit, unless I ask them if they want anything, or if they speak to me directly, I don't attempt to converse with them.

There's not much you can really do. Just realise that you don't need them to like you as do you like them yourself? If their rude and ignorant, it's better to know then to never realise their true personalities.

Don't give them any reason to hate you (ie why you behave and ask them politely if they need anything) but you yourself just need to let them go. Are these the kind of people you want to place your trust in and count on?

I know they are family and family is important but I have found the only people you can truly count on is your immediate family (parents and siblings) and close friends.

Hope this helps and I hope you feel better about your situation
    Thank you so much. Im so glad you guys are understanding.

ReputationRep:
    I will let you know what happens when I see them next time.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I havent seen them for nearly 3 months! Im happy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.