The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Coc Soc*

*Coc being the abbreviation for Cocktails. :p:!

Seriously, there actually is a society called that.

Oh, and I'm not a member of that, I just found the name amusing :redface:.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
lulz :p:

So far I have law soc & debating soc.
loggins
Coc Soc*

*Coc being the abbreviation for Cocktails. :p:!

Seriously, there actually is a society called that.

Oh, and I'm not a member of that, I just found the name amusing :redface:.

if you mean the one at queens campus? its sadly died off somewhat...don't think it will be returning.

I chickened out and got "mixolgoist" on my stash, and not "coc-socer":biggrin:

anyone know what Neighbours Soc is like? as id be travelling to it from Queens Campus, so won't want to join if its rubbish!
Reply 4
Rooftopcowboy
if you mean the one at queens campus? its sadly died off somewhat...don't think it will be returning.

I chickened out and got "mixolgoist" on my stash, and not "coc-socer":biggrin:

anyone know what Neighbours Soc is like? as id be travelling to it from Queens Campus, so won't want to join if its rubbish!

That's a bit hardcore! Queen's Campus is about 30-40 minutes away! In Mildert there was a daily gathering of people to watch Neighbours, which was almost like a society, though they didn't go out on "Neighbours socials". Which college are you in? They might have one there, or you could set your own up if it doesn't already have one.
Reply 5
lol They watch Neighbours on the big screen in Cuths bar. It's eerie the way the bar falls silent as the screen descends.
Reply 6
Tufts
lol They watch Neighbours on the big screen in Cuths bar. It's eerie the way the bar falls silent as the screen descends.

:rofl: I've never really got the fascination with Neighbours...

*ducks for cover* :ninja:
Reply 7
Me neither. It's the personification of cheese
Reply 8
Tufts, I think we should form an "Anti-Neighbours" Soc :biggrin:!
Reply 9
loggins
Tufts, I think we should form an "Anti-Neighbours" Soc :biggrin:!

And get thrown into the river then petrol bombed? No thankies :biggrin:

Aaaaaanyway, I'm about to enter my second year. I lived in Newcastle for my first but I'm looking to move into Durham for the remainder of my course, and that means making more local pals. So I thought societies! :idea:
Reply 10
Do you do any sports or anything?
Reply 11
Tea And Biscuit Soc? :p:
Reply 12
I'm a gym freak. But the uni's gyms are pants so I go private.
Reply 13
Same here! The Mildert gym isn't too bad, but I can't live without my pool, spa, steam room and sauna post-workout...ahhh.
loggins
That's a bit hardcore! Queen's Campus is about 30-40 minutes away! In Mildert there was a daily gathering of people to watch Neighbours, which was almost like a society, though they didn't go out on "Neighbours socials". Which college are you in? They might have one there, or you could set your own up if it doesn't already have one.

wasnt meaning id go every week:p: despite how awesome Neighbours is!

Queens Campus doesnt have a great deal of variety of societies, many are course related such as Bio Med soc, Med soc and the new Business Soc..

as I said 'coc soc' looks like its closed, then theres a few others but nothing that has really grabbed me

plus going to Durham a few times a term would be fun, as ive only been there about 3 times in 2years of being at the Uni!
Reply 15
loggins
Same here! The Mildert gym isn't too bad, but I can't live without my pool, spa, steam room and sauna post-workout...ahhh.

Which gym are you using?
Reply 16
Are there any decent gyms in Durham? I'm not planning on blowing my loan on it though
Reply 17
Tufts
Which gym are you using?

The Marriott :smile:.
Reply 18
Will it break the bank?
Reply 19
It's about 40 quid a month.

Latest

Trending

Trending