Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    Hi,

    I'm a 38yo mature dyslexic student who got an E grade first time around.

    I'm currently studying WJEC English Language and due to some kind of legacy loophole will be graded A* to U rather than 1 to 9.

    I understand that assignments are 40% and two paper exam is the other 2x30 = 60% of the overall mark.

    I currently have 16/20 and 32/40 in my assignments so far. I have one more assignment to complete. So I'm currently hitting exactly 80%.

    I insisted on taking the higher paper but the teacher seemed to encourage everyone to take foundation, which is what everyone else is doing.

    What kind of grade might 80% gain me? I'm I right in assuming that overall, roughly, 90% is A*, 80 is A, 70% is B and 60% is C on the higher paper.

    I am still able to swap for foundation papers.

    I would really appreciate any advice on what grade I'm maybe currently at, and would like reassuring that I'm doing the right thing taking higher

    This is stressing me, but if I'm currently at a B/A grade that would relax me loads. I got an A* in GCSE maths last year and want to achieve at least a B this year in English.

    Thanks for reading
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    Bump...

    Is this a really stupid question? Can anyone please help?
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    Bump
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    Bump..
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    Bump...
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigoliver)
    Bump...
    Bump again
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    Bump
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    Bump..
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    Bump
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    Bump
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigoliver)
    Bump
    I don't know the answer but perhaps you need to ask your English tutor or the exam officer as they will probably be able to give you guidance. Sorry!


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nye2001)
    I don't know the answer but perhaps you need to ask your English tutor or the exam officer as they will probably be able to give you guidance. Sorry!


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for your reply.

    I have since spoke with my English teacher and with another assessment added (15/20) I'm currently just one mark off an A. I'm predicted an A overall but TBH I'd be over the moon with a B
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

    Make your revision easier

    OMAM

    Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

    Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

    Notes

    Revision Hub

    All our revision materials in one place

    Love books

    Common grammar and vocabulary problems

    Get your questions asked and answered

    Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.