The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge Hill Fast Track Access Course? Help

So I've just applied for the Fast Track preparation for higher education course at Edge Hill to study Marketing. Because I am currently studying across seas my interview is not until April. Has anyone got/had an interview for the course? And do you know if having a later date for an interview will effect my chances of getting accepted into the course? (Earlier the interview more spaces available?)
My boyfriend did his interview in like may and still got accepted =)
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
TillyPeck 1
I had my interview in January 17
And I got a place!
If there wasn't any places left they wouldn't interview you I expect so I wouldn't worry to much.
Good luck
👍
Reply 3
Original post by Kim82!
TillyPeck 1
And I got a place!
If there wasn't any places left they wouldn't interview you I expect so I wouldn't worry to much.
Good luck
👍

Hiya TillyPeck1

How did your interview go?
Did you get a place?

Kim
Reply 4
Original post by TillyPeck1
So I've just applied for the Fast Track preparation for higher education course at Edge Hill to study Marketing. Because I am currently studying across seas my interview is not until April. Has anyone got/had an interview for the course? And do you know if having a later date for an interview will effect my chances of getting accepted into the course? (Earlier the interview more spaces available?)

I've had an interview for a different course but we first went in to complete our test with a group of people who were having interviews for all different types of courses. they did say no one here is competing with each other for places. she then said it's just if you make the grade or not. So I really don't think having an interview later on will effect your chances at all, as long as you just smash the interview I reckon you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Sarah7mac
I've had an interview for a different course but we first went in to complete our test with a group of people who were having interviews for all different types of courses. they did say no one here is competing with each other for places. she then said it's just if you make the grade or not. So I really don't think having an interview later on will effect your chances at all, as long as you just smash the interview I reckon you'll be fine :smile:

Hiya Sarah7mac

What do you mean with the grade?

Kim
Reply 6
It's just a figure of speech meaning, if you succeed in the interview process Kim :smile:
Reply 7
It's just a figure of speech meaning, if you succeed in the interview process Kim :smile:

Haha okay
👍
Reply 8
Original post by Kim82!
Hiya TillyPeck1

How did your interview go?
Did you get a place?

Kim

Hey,
Its not until 5th April but fingers crossed :smile:!! thanks xxx
Reply 9

Okay great!! Thanks...How did your interview go? Yeah i'll just make sure im ready for my interviews get really nervous but hopefully should be fine xx
Reply 10
Original post by Kim82!
TillyPeck 1
And I got a place!
Good luck
👍

Yeah thats true actually, it would be pointless doing the interview if there was no place for me haha :smile: What was the interview like? Were the tests just basic knowledge or should i revise lots?
Reply 11
Hey,
Its not until 5th April but fingers crossed :smile:!! thanks xxx

Hiya
O right haha okay let us know how you get on lol
Fingers crossed
But you will be fine 👍👍

Kim
Okay great!! Thanks...How did your interview go? Yeah i'll just make sure im ready for my interviews get really nervous but hopefully should be fine xx

Hey!
Don't worry about your interview. I was really nervous and one of the lecturers came and was like, don't worry it's not as bad as you think. And it really wasn't.
First off, you'll have the test.
Basically you read a statement and answer questions about the statement.
Best advise I can give you for that is, on the answer sheet look how many points it is for the answer. So if it says two points. Put down two opinions or references from the statement you just read. 4 points put down four. And so on.
Then for the interview itself. It was more of a conversation. I had it one to one but other subjects went in a group. Just talking about goals and stuff/ why this course/and general info about yourself.
It was like I was with one of the girl friends chatting over coffee. I know what it's like. My nerves were horrible too. But trust me, they're really nice, down to earth people. Just be yourself and be honest and you'll do fine! :smile:
The women who took my interview actually completed the fast track and then her degree after. So they know what it's like
And regarding places I know people who have interviews in may. So they'll be places still for sure.
Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending