The Student Room Group

I can't get hard sometimes

Hello everybody

I have been with my girlfriend for 6 months. She was my 1st gf and my first time too. I had many difficulties at the beginning... First I couldn't do it at all because I could never get hard with her, then I could do it but I couldn't last very long... I thought that it would change with time, that it was performance anxiety.

And it was (mainly). I mean I can easily do it most of the time and last enough. But sometimes I still can't stay hard. Basically if I even stop for 1 second, it will go away. I can be hard but then if I turn off the light, draw the curtains, put on a condom... It will go and won't come back!

Anyone was in this situation? What can I do? It's much better than it was but it's still frustrating. Thank you.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello everybody

I have been with my girlfriend for 6 months. She was my 1st gf and my first time too. I had many difficulties at the beginning... First I couldn't do it at all because I could never get hard with her, then I could do it but I couldn't last very long... I thought that it would change with time, that it was performance anxiety.

And it was (mainly). I mean I can easily do it most of the time and last enough. But sometimes I still can't stay hard. Basically if I even stop for 1 second, it will go away. I can be hard but then if I turn off the light, draw the curtains, put on a condom... It will go and won't come back!

Anyone was in this situation? What can I do? It's much better than it was but it's still frustrating. Thank you.

Is this only with your girlfriend, or on your own as well? Either way, definitely see a doctor about this. It could be a symptom of something else, or it could just this. They could be able to help you with it, and should be able to give you advice on getting and maintaining erections
Reply 2
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Is this only with your girlfriend, or on your own as well? Either way, definitely see a doctor about this. It could be a symptom of something else, or it could just this. They could be able to help you with it, and should be able to give you advice on getting and maintaining erections

Thanks for the reply

Only with her. I've no problem to stay hard on my own.

Quick Reply

Latest