Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where will the UK be in 40-50 years time? Watch

ReputationRep:
    About 80-100cm to the North.

The Eurasian tectonic plate is the 3rd slowest moving tectonic plate. Bet you didn't know that....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Google22)
    Now that immigration/racial/culture issues are getting increasingly high, and Britain's still at pretty much a divide politically after Brexit, what's going to happen to the UK in the future?

E.g.
    Will Christianity be a minority religion and Islam take over?

or will the UK be under the shape of Right Wing ideologies?
    Will will be the UK a fully independent nation and still be a Christian majority or maybe atheist

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    There's still white muslims, religion isn't a race, Islam is a religion not the colour of skin. Use your brain

ReputationRep:
    We'll have the hunger games, hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...n_5271248.html

Why? In the 1970s, the US was roughly 87% white, just like the UK is now. Today, whites are a minority of births. So it is inevitable the US will become minority white. And the UK is only decades behind the US.

"Sit idly by"? There is nothing wrong in becoming a minority. The UK does not "belong" to the "white race".
    It does belong to the "white race" ( WHITE English, Welsh, Irish and Scottish people) it is there native land, they made this nation great. and it is being turned upside down by immigrants. The politicians in the uk have betrayed there own people, they have absolutly robbed them of there land where the white natives have been for thousands of years. I'm an Indian Muslim I was born in England but this isn't my native land my home will always be India where my ancestors have been for thousands of years.

ReputationRep:
    Just off the north coast of continental Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully, still a relative cohesive democracy.

ReputationRep:
    The NHS will have collapsed after a pandemic spreads across Europe and the public loses faith in national health when a large chunk of the population dies. Private health becomes the default option as an increasing amount of the remaining population are willing to pay for it and healthcare standards hugely increase because of it.

Nah no change, G.

ReputationRep:
    I find this thread rather vulgar. So what if whites are a minority? Is that really such a bad thing? It is the colour of someone's skin ffs. There are brown people and white people going on holiday to get brown skin. Yet whites fear brown skin. I couldn't make this up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    So what if whites are a minority?
    + = ?

ReputationRep:
    Lol. These questions are so funny.
    The UK is 90% white. calm down. Whites are not going to be a miniority anytime soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    + = ?
    We aren't going to become a sharia society so let us put that one to bed straight away. The UK has trended towards liberalism for the last several hundred years. We have become less religious not more and despite the doom mongers using terms like "We are being flooded by Muslims," we really aren't. Also, Muslims immigrants are right at the bottom of the social order in terms of power. If you want to make a difference in this country of the sort you are suggesting, you still need to be privately schooled, and Oxbridge educated and most importantly of all, have a majority of voters in the home counties. The last time I looked, there were no immigrant Muslims living in the nicer parts of Surrey and Berkshire.

ReputationRep:
    Around 53° N, 1.5° W

ReputationRep:
    The way the whole world is going would he whole "political correctness" crazy and the whole gender and identity thing. The future looks pretty bleak...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Where will the UK be in 40-50 years time?

Behind China and India, without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    This trend ended in the nineties and early noughties, with the advancement of political correctness and advent of hate legislation. Since then, civil liberties and rights (to privacy etc) have been in quiet, steady decline, and the security state has been growing
    Only going to respond to this. By political correctness I understand your meaning to be that you don't like the fact that we need to be respectful in the language we use. I imagine you feel that Anne Marie Morris was perfectly in her rights to use the N word and people offended by it should toughen up?

As for your assertion that civil liberties are being erroded. Where does that put the equality act, the introduction of gay marriage or the European Bill of Human Rights?

The trouble with your language is that it dismisses the majority of what is good about this country by focussing on minority of what could be better. You drag us down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amefish)
    Where will the UK be in 40-50 years time? Behind China and India, without a doubt
    Waycist! :woo:

you don't like the fact that we need to be respectful in the language we use
    Depends how you're definiing "respectful". I have no problem with British tact and decorum. I do have a problem with stiffling and repressive cultural deference/fear of offending. It's inherently counterprogressive, not to mention a bit wet

I imagine you feel that Anne Marie Morris was perfectly in her rights to use the N word and people offended by it should toughen up?
    She's within her rights to use an old English expression, but should know better as the N word is naturally highly emotive, distasteful, and offensive to many. Those deeply offended by it should indeed toughen up, although if she had stood behind it then they'd have every right to feel seriously agrieved

Where does that put the equality act
    That is not an enhancement of civil liberty but an equalisation of rights extant under law. Also, it arguably infringes on certain rights e.g. freedom of religion/religious expression, in certain contexts e.g. non-private settings

the European Bill of Human Rights?
    Watch what happens with the great repeal, if the trend I have noted does not continue as we Brexit then I will be very (happily) surprised!

your .. dismisses the majority of what is good about this country by focussing on minority of what could be better. You drag us down
    I understand it may appear that way, and I am indeed a stickler, but that does not mean I am unduly harsh

Spent many years studying, discussing, debating, and writing on related issues and have, sadly, come to conclusion that there are certain inexorable global trends pertaining to human nature, tribal/civilisational paradigms, international relations, economics, politics, and sociology

You asked, “so what if whites become a minority”, and I gave you an apposite answer framed in the context of recent demographic and intercultural trends. You can either accept it or plunge your head back in the sand, makes little difference to me

ReputationRep:
    Underwater

ReputationRep:
    I find this thread rather vulgar. So what if whites are a minority? Is that really such a bad thing? It is the colour of someone's skin ffs. There are brown people and white people going on holiday to get brown skin. Yet whites fear brown skin. I couldn't make this up!
    Are you always so puritanical with respect to culture and ethnicity?

Are you content that the aborigines became a minority in Australia for example? The native Americans in the USA? The Aztecs in Mexico? Don't you find it all rather sad?

Do you support the state sponsored importation of ethnic Chinese into Tibet to out populate the Tibetans? The death of a many century's old civilisation?

All just the colour of someone's skin ffs?

It is not skin pigmentation we are discussing, but culture. Ffs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.