Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where will the UK be in 40-50 years time? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Islamified and turned into a backwards corrupted shithole with third world values.

In 100 years time our women will be wearing black bin bags and stoning will be the punishment for adultery. Everyday will feel and look like Halloween.

Thanks a lot lefties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    Are you always so puritanical with respect to culture and ethnicity?

Are you content that the aborigines became a minority in Australia for example? The native Americans in the USA? The Aztecs in Mexico? Don't you find it all rather sad?

Do you support the state sponsored importation of ethnic Chinese into Tibet to out populate the Tibetans? The death of a many century's old civilisation?

All just the colour of someone's skin ffs?

It is not skin pigmentation we are discussing, but culture. Ffs.
    So why are you concerned with immigration when the genuine thread of being subverted is coming from Chinese investors?

The aboriginals and Native Americans met tgeir demise by force. I don't see a power stuggle for control of the country coming from immigration mainly because most don't have the right to vote.

I am however concerned with Chinese investment and the power and influence that brings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    So why are you concerned with immigration when the genuine thread of being subverted is coming from Chinese investors?

The aboriginals and Native Americans met tgeir demise by force. I don't see a power stuggle for control of the country coming from immigration mainly because most don't have the right to vote.

I am however concerned with Chinese investment and the power and influence that brings.
    Once immigrants become citizens, which they eventually will, and their children born here certainly will, they get the vote.

In a democratic society (assuming we remain one) they will eventually gain the political ascendancy.

Controlling the levers of power they will then change policies to accelerate Immigration from their ancestral countries, consolidating their hold on power.

It is what they would term a virtuous circle.

As for China, yes we will increasingly become a vassal state, subservient to their economic dominance. The two futures are not self exclusive. They can both happen.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't hold much hope for the future of this country or the world.

ReputationRep:
    It would be here:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Once immigrants become citizens, which they eventually will, and their children born here certainly will, they get the vote.

In a democratic society (assuming we remain one) they will eventually gain the political ascendancy.

Controlling the levers of power they will then change policies to accelerate Immigration from their ancestral countries, consolidating their hold on power.

It is what they would term a virtuous circle.

As for China, yes we will increasingly become a vassal state, subservient to their economic dominance. The two futures are not self exclusive. They can both happen.
    Which is all very ironic because immigrants have traditionally voted Labour. But I see a land of opportunity for immigrants to have a go at running the show. Much innovation in Britain has come from opperating in a global knowledgebase. If we cut ourselves off from the world we will lose out. When you build walls to keep others out you lock yourself in along with your potential. I fear people who blame others for their own failings more than immigrants who want to better themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Are you always so puritanical with respect to culture and ethnicity?

Are you content that the aborigines became a minority in Australia for example? The native Americans in the USA? The Aztecs in Mexico? Don't you find it all rather sad?

Do you support the state sponsored importation of ethnic Chinese into Tibet to out populate the Tibetans? The death of a many century's old civilisation?

All just the colour of someone's skin ffs?

It is not skin pigmentation we are discussing, but culture. Ffs.
    In 2 Of the cases you listed it was because of white people, they carried out massacres to replace and dominate.

ReputationRep:
    It might resemble the dystopian society that we see in the movie Children of Men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    In 2 Of the cases you listed it was because of white people, they carried out massacres to replace and dominate.
    So says someone with brown skin, I'll bet. A Pakistani, maybe?

None of whose ancestors massacred or dominated in the Indian sub continent, I'm sure!

ReputationRep:
    So says someone with brown skin, I'll bet. A Pakistani, maybe?

None of whose ancestors massacred or dominated in the Indian sub continent, I'm sure!
    You’d be semi right not that I care about that part of my heritage. also I don’t recall defending them? Their pretty backwards people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Google22)
    Now that immigration/racial/culture issues are getting increasingly high, and Britain's still at pretty much a divide politically after Brexit, what's going to happen to the UK in the future?

E.g.
    Will Christianity be a minority religion and Islam take over?

or will the UK be under the shape of Right Wing ideologies?
    It will be the UK. The recent invaders will all have left, at the invitation of the English, Scottish and Welsh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.