The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I worked for £3.20 when I was 17 :P
Reply 2
s43
Bloody shit pay, for doing telesales right? for a 17 yr old anyway! Anybody have a better job with a high pay for a 17 yr old?

legally they can pay you anything at 17. will it go up at 18 though?
Reply 3
s43
Bloody shit pay, for doing telesales right? for a 17 yr old anyway! Anybody have a better job with a high pay for a 17 yr old?

try working in a department store. I hear john lewis pay a lot, but some of their branches only employ 18 yr olds.
Reply 4
If you convert, I'm only making like 2.25 pounds per hour and you are complaining about 4. :rolleyes:
Reply 5
I'm 17 and get £5.50 an hour for lifeguarding, and that's at a really small pool.
Reply 6
moncal
If you convert, I'm only making like 2.25 pounds per hour and you are complaining about 4. :rolleyes:

but things are cheaper where you are :rolleyes:
Reply 7
moncal

LOL, When Im 18 I should be earning £10, and I will be earning £10/hour becoz I know many jobs that pay you alot when your 18+. I just cant wait!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 8
calumc
I'm 17 and get £5.50 an hour for lifeguarding, and that's at a really small pool.

Chilling work, innit?
Reply 9
What isn't right is that I am worth a lot more to my job than what they pay me. I can easily bring in over $1,000 per hour, but they only pay me $5.5. Which is *gestures with hand* this much more than minimum wage.
Reply 10
s43
Chilling work, innit?

Not sure how you mean that, but it's generally just sitting in a warm room for a few hours watching people swim! It can get boring, but the occasional nice looking girl wearing next-to nothing certainly changes that rather quickly!:biggrin:
Reply 11
calumc
Not sure how you mean that, but it's generally just sitting in a warm room for a few hours watching people swim! It can get boring, but the occasional nice looking girl wearing next-to nothing certainly changes that rather quickly!:biggrin:

Fat life, I might do that then!!! So how do i become a life guard? any tests? BTW I can't really swim, LOL :biggrin: So how can i save ppl? :frown:
Reply 12
s43
Fat life, I might do that then!!! So how do i become a life guard? any tests? BTW I can't really swim, LOL :biggrin: So how can i save ppl? :frown:

You need an NPLQ basically. It's not terribly challenging (well, if you can swim!:biggrin:) and only takes about a week.
I'm 17. I get paid £9.30 an hour and I've had this job since I was sixteen.

If I never had this job I would be spending about £300 a year on something else which this job gets me for free. So as you can imagine, it saves me a lot of money.
Reply 14
goldenbarnes

If I never had this job I would be spending about £300 a year on something else which this job gets me for free. So as you can imagine, it saves me a lot of money.

£9.30?! where do u work/what do u do???
Reply 15
goldenbarnes

What is the job that you do?

Latest