Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Bloody **** pay, for doing telesales right? for a 17 yr old anyway! Anybody have a better job with a high pay for a 17 yr old?

ReputationRep:
    I worked for £3.20 when I was 17 :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    Bloody **** pay, for doing telesales right? for a 17 yr old anyway! Anybody have a better job with a high pay for a 17 yr old?
    legally they can pay you anything at 17. will it go up at 18 though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    try working in a department store. I hear john lewis pay a lot, but some of their branches only employ 18 yr olds.

ReputationRep:
    If you convert, I'm only making like 2.25 pounds per hour and you are complaining about 4. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and get £5.50 an hour for lifeguarding, and that's at a really small pool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    If you convert, I'm only making like 2.25 pounds per hour and you are complaining about 4. :rolleyes:
    but things are cheaper where you are :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    LOL, When Im 18 I should be earning £10, and I will be earning £10/hour becoz I know many jobs that pay you alot when your 18+. I just cant wait!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    I'm 17 and get £5.50 an hour for lifeguarding, and that's at a really small pool.
    Chilling work, innit?

ReputationRep:
    What isn't right is that I am worth a lot more to my job than what they pay me. I can easily bring in over $1,000 per hour, but they only pay me $5.5. Which is *gestures with hand* this much more than minimum wage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    Chilling work, innit?
    Not sure how you mean that, but it's generally just sitting in a warm room for a few hours watching people swim! It can get boring, but the occasional nice looking girl wearing next-to nothing certainly changes that rather quickly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    Not sure how you mean that, but it's generally just sitting in a warm room for a few hours watching people swim! It can get boring, but the occasional nice looking girl wearing next-to nothing certainly changes that rather quickly!
    Fat life, I might do that then!!! So how do i become a life guard? any tests? BTW I can't really swim, LOL So how can i save ppl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    Fat life, I might do that then!!! So how do i become a life guard? any tests? BTW I can't really swim, LOL So how can i save ppl?
    You need an NPLQ basically. It's not terribly challenging (well, if you can swim!) and only takes about a week.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17. I get paid £9.30 an hour and I've had this job since I was sixteen.

If I never had this job I would be spending about £300 a year on something else which this job gets me for free. So as you can imagine, it saves me a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)

If I never had this job I would be spending about £300 a year on something else which this job gets me for free. So as you can imagine, it saves me a lot of money.
    £9.30?! where do u work/what do u do???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)

What is the job that you do?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.