Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I ask her out through social media? Watch

ReputationRep:
    First I'll give a little backstory.

I'm in Year 13 and I've fallen for a girl in my class. I'm also very, very shy so I don't normally initiate conversations.

It started when she started to be more attentive of me, joking about (calling me her husband). A month or two later (January) she asked if I could make an origami, and I did. When I gave it to her, she was happy and I think she gave me more attention since then.

Last week she asked me to teach her how to make it. During the period I was teaching her, her best friend was also there and asked if I liked her. Naturally I shook my head, but they of course they won't believe that. Yesterday she asked me again and I taught her a different origami, this time with two other girls who invited themselves to be taught. I asked to speak with her after lesson because I wanted to ask her out but she said she had to go somewhere. I insisted it would take 1 minute while she insisted she had to leave ASAP. She then said tomorrow (which is now today), and I obliged.

Now me being shy I didn't ask to talk to her privately so that I could ask her out. However, because it's nearly valentine's day I did send her an anonymous chocolate rose which was set up by my school.

Now it's the holiday, should I wait till we go back to school or should I attempt to talk to her through Facebook/Instagram. She knows I like her and I really want to ask her out. It's eating away at me and I need to know if she'd feel the same.

ReputationRep:
    Imo its better if you ask for her number call her and ask her out as in out for dinner,cinema whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Imo its better if you ask for her number call her and ask her out as in out for dinner,cinema whatever.

Should I wait till school starts or could I ask on Instagram DM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VerumThrowaway)
    Should I wait till school starts or could I ask on Instagram DM?
    Tbh I am really bad with girls so you should do what your gut/insticts say

ReputationRep:
    Generally asking out online is a bad idea. The main issue is the excruciating wait for a reply and the embarrassing situation afterwards if she just ignores it. Far better to pluck up courage and go for it face to face. You know immediately where you stand. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Asking people out online just doesn't sound very nice. She wouldn't take you seriously if you asked her out online.. I'd say, ask her to meet you on Valentines day and then ask her out face to face! That would be soo romantic
    Good luck! i hope she says yes!

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be good at making origami! why not make her an origami rose or something whilst asking her out?
    Something like this?
    https://cdn.instructables.com/F6N/K0...0GO.MEDIUM.jpg

ReputationRep:
    You can ask a girl out in any possible way you want. If she likes you there is no differences whether you message her or call her.

ReputationRep:
    If the girl is into you, asking her out online will still yield a "yes" reply.

Although she may end up making a sarky comment about you asking her online.

I speak from experience.

Spoiler:
    Show

If the girl is on the fence about you, it's probably better to do it face to face though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agrew)
    You can ask a girl out in any possible way you want. If she likes you there is no differences whether you message her or call her.
    This is true. However I think it is associated with chance of success since youre more likely to find the courage for face to face request if she is giving signs she likes you. On line is too easy. Also face to face rejection is less humiliating and more of a learning experience than an on line blow out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.